C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 04:39 AM
SuperDave02
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Couple Questions

Will these wheels fit a C4? https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...013547526.html

Second. What size rivets are used on the outer window sweep?
Old 02-22-2017, 08:53 AM
cormorant71
Racer

I can't help you with the tires, we need more information. The OUTER sweeps don't need rivets. They have small tabs that slide onto a metal ridge in the door. Use a soft rubber mallet to help.

The INNER sweeps however, I have used 3/8" aluminum rivets to secure it to the door panel. I hope this helps.

What year C4? Mine was an '88...
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2017, 09:22 AM
kael
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 230 Likes on 189 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

List of all wheel sizes for various years:
http://www.mirrockcorvette.com/corve...de-wheels.html
Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Jeffgett
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cormorant71
I can't help you with the tires, we need more information. The OUTER sweeps don't need rivets. They have small tabs that slide onto a metal ridge in the door. Use a soft rubber mallet to help.

The INNER sweeps however, I have used 3/8" aluminum rivets to secure it to the door panel. I hope this helps.

What year C4? Mine was an '88...
The outer door sweeps do require the use of three 3/8 rivets to secure the outer sweep..which have to be carefully removed to release the old outer sweep...I just did mine about a month ago in which the tabs lock into the channels you will then secure the sweep with rivets. I have attached a pic that shows 1 of the three rivets..
Attached Images  
Old 02-22-2017, 09:40 AM
cormorant71
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeffgett
The outer door sweeps do require the use of three 3/8 rivets to secure the outer sweep..which have to be carefully removed to release the old outer sweep...I just did mine about a month ago in which the tabs lock into the channels you will then secure the sweep with rivets. I have attached a pic that shows 1 of the three rivets..
Thanks for putting that pic up. I did mine a few years ago and I couldn't remember nor find the pictures... that makes sense now.

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:16 PM
billschroeder5842
Zen Vet Master Level VII

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,140 Likes on 845 Posts

Hint: Put a dab of fresh silicone gel behind the rivet just prior to drilling. When you drill the outside off, the back part of the rivet will fall into the gell and stick.

There is no way to get your fingers behind the frame and if you don't get those little buggers they will rattle in your door.

Get notified of new replies

To Couple Questions

Quick Reply: Couple Questions