C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 engine miss firing

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:20 AM
lugnut67
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Who knows? You let it sit and you could have condensation.

Don't care what it ohms out at since you are replacing it.

WGAS. Dump the fuel. Take the pump out since it is stupid easy. Suck out the gas out, let it sit in the tank for a bit and pour most of it out and set fire to the rest. The old gas you can use in your neighbor's lawnmower, set your neighbor's yard on fire or whatever. That is about all it is good for. With the gas out, you can use a dry rag and soak up anything left. Let it dry for a day and check again. If it is dry, dump 2 gallons of fresh gas in in and let it sit. Suck it up again and this time you can reuse the washing gas in your lawnmower safely.

Who cares? Let Jon take care of it. He can service that one and send you new O-rings. Now you have a complete set. Another option is for longer crank times and you block it off or you can also block it off and have someone increase the pulse width during crank. 3 options.
I don't know if he is sending me the csi... I just ordered a (set) of injectors. Will that be part of the (set)?? I hadn't checked to see what is involved in pulling the pump, to access to the tank. I'm glad to know that it isn't that hard. I was afraid that I'd have to drop the tank. I looked that up, I don't want to do that !!! My injectors just came, he didn't send the csi, is 5 ohm's OK, or should it be 16.8 like the others ?
Old 03-25-2017, 11:36 AM
aklim
Team Owner

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,939 Posts

Originally Posted by lugnut67
I don't know if he is sending me the csi... I just ordered a (set) of injectors. Will that be part of the (set)?? I hadn't checked to see what is involved in pulling the pump, to access to the tank. I'm glad to know that it isn't that hard. I was afraid that I'd have to drop the tank. I looked that up, I don't want to do that !!! My injectors just came, he didn't send the csi, is 5 ohm's OK, or should it be 16.8 like the others ?
No it won't. Call him and have him hold it MondaY morning. Send him the CSI and have him screw with it so he can send it back all at once. If not, just send it to him.
The following users liked this post:
lugnut67 (03-25-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 AM
lugnut67
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aklim
Who knows? You let it sit and you could have condensation.

Don't care what it ohms out at since you are replacing it.

WGAS. Dump the fuel. Take the pump out since it is stupid easy. Suck out the gas out, let it sit in the tank for a bit and pour most of it out and set fire to the rest. The old gas you can use in your neighbor's lawnmower, set your neighbor's yard on fire or whatever. That is about all it is good for. With the gas out, you can use a dry rag and soak up anything left. Let it dry for a day and check again. If it is dry, dump 2 gallons of fresh gas in in and let it sit. Suck it up again and this time you can reuse the washing gas in your lawnmower safely.

Who cares? Let Jon take care of it. He can service that one and send you new O-rings. Now you have a complete set. Another option is for longer crank times and you block it off or you can also block it off and have someone increase the pulse width during crank. 3 options.
Everything is back together and running fine. Something between new injectors and getting the water out of the fuel took care of my issues. They sure didn't design those cars with the mechanic in mind !! Thanks again for all of your help.

Quick Reply: C4 engine miss firing