C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

1992 Corvette wire identification

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 11:28 PM
ThunderboltMX5
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 Corvette wire identification

Can anyone tell me what these wires go to? They're located in the driver side rear wheel well near the antenna.
Attached Images   
Old 03-24-2017, 04:50 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Power antenna ground plane likely in the conduit that aren't meant to be attached to anything.

The single wire(s) in the other? Do you have something that doesn't work? They might be portions of the grounds for B/U Cornering or S/M but at a glance those all seem to be present.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:23 PM
ThunderboltMX5
5th Gear

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Power antenna ground plane likely in the conduit that aren't meant to be attached to anything.

The single wire(s) in the other? Do you have something that doesn't work? They might be portions of the grounds for B/U Cornering or S/M but at a glance those all seem to be present.
Well I do have an ASR light on. My first guess was that the second image was for that, but I don't really know.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:28 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,262 Likes on 2,025 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderboltMX5
Well I do have an ASR light on. My first guess was that the second image was for that, but I don't really know.
What color are the wires in the conduit. It's quite difficult to assume a position of where the conduit is. If there's multicolored wires in the conduit you're likely correct and the "hangers" in BLACK are the ground plane for the antenna!

Wire colors?
Old 03-24-2017, 12:43 PM
ThunderboltMX5
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
If you mean the cut off conduit at the bottom of the image, and they're orange and white inside that conduit, they are for the spare tire light. Comes on with the interior dome lights. EDIT: I still think I'm right, but I also think the last year for the spare tire light was 91. So feedback will be appreciated if the wires are orange and white.
It is a single black wire.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Edv92c4
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ihatebarkingdogs
If you mean the cut off conduit at the bottom of the image, and they're orange and white inside that conduit, they are for the spare tire light. Comes on with the interior dome lights. EDIT: I still think I'm right, but I also think the last year for the spare tire light was 91. So feedback will be appreciated if the wires are orange and white.
My 92 has a spare tire light.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 Corvette wire identification

Quick Reply: 1992 Corvette wire identification