Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
Keep looking thats quite a bit of $ considering the condition
That is an $8k car, to me.
- for auto
- for all the tasteless crap someone put on that needs to come off
- for driver's seat wear
*Check suspension bushings/ball joints etc.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:38 PM
vette196
Melting Slicks

Received 262 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ChumpVette
There is no indication in any of the pics that they are "Collectors Edition" seats. They look like normal grey sport seats from 94.
My bad, I thought those styled seats only came on CE cars
Old 03-24-2017, 01:20 PM
haxxx
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Seat does have excessive wear for 60k but it's repairable for about $100 in material and some time. It won't be perfect but it can look much better.

I would ask if they have the original brake lights and side emblems. I think it would look better stock but it's up to you. Either way I think having the original parts makes a big difference.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:21 PM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by haxxx
Seat does have excessive wear for 60k but it's repairable for about $100 in material and some time. It won't be perfect but it can look much better.

I would ask if they have the original brake lights and side emblems. I think it would look better stock but it's up to you. Either way I think having the original parts makes a big difference.
That was my first thought, drivers seat looks to have more than 60k worth of wear.

Not a fan of the taillights at all. Those would have to go.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:28 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI
That is an $8k car, to me.
- for auto
- for all the tasteless crap someone put on that needs to come off
- for driver's seat wear
*Check suspension bushings/ball joints etc.
^ This is all true IMHO. But also consider that this car has some good options, namely FX3 suspension and sport seats. These options are often sought after so they are a plus, assuming everything works - the adjustable shocks are expensive to replace (unless you go with standard shocks) and I'm not sure about the air bladders in the sport seats.

The previous comment "considering the condition" was probably referring to the airbag light, the seat wear and those "upgrades" lol. The aftermarket tail lights, fender sticker and hatch sticker are just awful, as are the massive chrome exhaust tips (I am a purist, not a modder). I think you can get a better car for $9k USD ($12k CAD) but maybe the pickings are a little slimmer north of the border, I don't know.

The general advice is to drive a bunch of different cars so you know what you like and what you don't like about the C4. It may take some time to find the right car for you but you'll be glad you did.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:17 PM
RUU
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by nadeaumr
It is a 8 hr ride from Mtl. So that's wy i'm asking for advice before doing a move.
I hope you’re not travelling 8 hours for that particular car. There's lots of choice between Montreal and Toronto.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:48 PM
nadeaumr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In fact, i'm located in quebec city. That's a 2,5 hrs+ to get to Mtl. I would really like to find something nearby quebec (100 km around) but there's not a lot of offer here. Either Mtl do not have good deal on C4. It's frustating to see those beautiful C4 in florida and california at so low price. I'll continu my search and hope to find the ONE!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:19 PM
1800Wing
Flatulent Dwarf
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

The guy sure likes stickers, but overall it doesn't appear to be beat up too bad. I'd want to address the airbag light...that could just be a crappy connection or bad ground. The drivers seat has a little more wear than i'd expect but that will vary with the dimensions of the *** occupying the drivers seat.

later, tiny
Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 PM
the kid C6
Melting Slicks

Received 143 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by 1800Wing
I'd want to address the airbag light...that could just be a crappy connection or bad ground.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this one?