C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

C4 DIC information lens - blank sheet??

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:31 AM
dayle97se
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default C4 DIC information lens - blank sheet??

Does anyone know where I can buy a tinted/dark plastic lens, similar to the DIC lenses our C4s have? Does not need to be corvette specific, and must be blank. This is for a project. Ideally, I'd like it have the same properties as our DIC ones (tinted, translucent, flexible, can be cut to shape, thin ~approx 1mm).

Last edited by dayle97se; 03-24-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:30 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

The lens is actually a transparency of some color and the matte finish you see is an application over that with a % of filtering. I believe that if you actually had a need to use ICONS, LETTERS or whatever you use a transparency of your desired color then maybe use a "window tint" to the % that you'd like.

The advantage I'd think is that until you arrived at what you actually wanted you could work with "scraps" from a window tinter. I'd think you want a conversation with someone that does residential/commercial tinting and NOT automotive orientated. I believe there's many more "privacy" levels available and inventoried. I had no problem working with samples when I was wanting to do some light filtering for residential glass. Their scraps are sometimes "huge"!!

You would have the transparency/lens, on the backside the ICONS/LETTERS "filter" and on the face the window tint.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-24-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:24 PM
1800Wing
Flatulent Dwarf
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Try Office Depot, looks pretty similar to the "privacy screen" or sunshade for a desktop computer. Might be worth a look.

later, tiny

Get notified of new replies

To C4 DIC information lens - blank sheet??

Quick Reply: C4 DIC information lens - blank sheet??