Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

The wait is killing me.......

Old 03-26-2017, 05:45 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
Default The wait is killing me.......

Got hold of my handler, lol (owner of CAR) today. Have talked with him a few times in person and by phone over the course of three Months time. The little gem will be released either the 22cd of April or the following weekend (locked down in storage). HE said the car is always detailed after the deep sleep. SO, upon viewing it should good LIKE NEW..... Again......... all it needs is someone to drive it home. I explained to him TODAY, the car is pretty much already SOLD. Asking price is $9.5k (46,000 miles). IF it passes the test of scrutiny, I won't even dicker with him about price. ThE car is a 92 automatic and is LOADED with all available options for the time except the clear targa roof. No, it's not a ZR-1.

I can't wait any longer, my first Corvette, soooooon.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:06 PM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice very nice. Think you need to put down a small deposit to secure your buy or did you guys come to some sort of agreement?
Old 03-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Edv92c4
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts

It will be worth it. Some people may tell you 9.5 is too much but don't listen...I paid 13.5 for mine with 14k on her...I'd rather overpay for a great troublefree car that I enjoy than under pay for a piece of junk that needs 20k worth of work to make it worth 9k
Old 03-26-2017, 07:53 PM
81c3
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Runnings
Got hold of my handler, lol (owner of CAR) today. Have talked with him a few times in person and by phone over the course of three Months time. The little gem will be released either the 22cd of April or the following weekend (locked down in storage). HE said the car is always detailed after the deep sleep. SO, upon viewing it should good LIKE NEW..... Again......... all it needs is someone to drive it home. I explained to him TODAY, the car is pretty much already SOLD. Asking price is $9.5k (46,000 miles). IF it passes the test of scrutiny, I won't even dicker with him about price. ThE car is a 92 automatic and is LOADED with all available options for the time except the clear targa roof. No, it's not a ZR-1.

I can't wait any longer, my first Corvette, soooooon.

I feel your pain man.... I think I may have found what I want also... Have a few things to wait on before its all secured. This will be my 8th Vette.... always feels like the first one though!!!
Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

Waiting is rough, that's for sure. Been there, done that, on a collector car once. In storage, over the winter, just like yours. It is worth it though if it's the car you really want. I sure agree with Edv92c4 above.
Best of luck with it.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jay23ls
Nice very nice. Think you need to put down a small deposit to secure your buy or did you guys come to some sort of agreement?

Agreement, I have second dibs, first dibs (his niece) decided to pass. Family car since new, from Iowa. Car has been babied and very well maintained. Time to start wearing it out - lol
Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Edv92c4
It will be worth it. Some people may tell you 9.5 is too much but don't listen...I paid 13.5 for mine with 14k on her...I'd rather overpay for a great troublefree car that I enjoy than under pay for a piece of junk that needs 20k worth of work to make it worth 9k

Exactly, no it's not RED, no it's not a 6M, no it's not a vert. The main concern is, I want something That's turn key. Sure there are going to be problems, it's a 25 year old car, but like you say, don't want a cheap piece of junk that's a money pit.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:20 AM
856SPEED
Melting Slicks

Received 111 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Cool Runnings
Exactly, no it's not RED, no it's not a 6M, no it's not a vert. The main concern is, I want something That's turn key. Sure there are going to be problems, it's a 25 year old car, but like you say, don't want a cheap piece of junk that's a money pit.
great news! You're money ahead paying a little more for a car that needs little. The cost of repairs and restoration on these things are not cheap. $5K Vettes end up being $10k Vettes real quick with headaches. Not always but by and large that is normally the case.

Good luck!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:18 PM
DGXR
Melting Slicks

Received 346 Likes on 300 Posts

If you are convinced this is the right car for you, $9.5k is an absolute bargain. If she's as cherry as she sounds, there's at least another 150k miles left in her. Drive her often, and enjoy

3 years ago I paid $11800 for my super sweet 1995 6-speed coupe with 52k miles and it's been very reliable... so far so good!

Last edited by DGXR; 03-27-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:20 PM
nutsy
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Edv92c4
I agree, better to pay more up front and get the best condition won possible. paying a couple grand less now for one in not as good shape will be much costlier in the long run.

Last edited by nutsy; 03-27-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:22 PM
Cool Runnings
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DGXR
If you are convinced this is the right car for you, $9.5k is an absolute bargain. If she's as cherry as she sounds, there's at least another 150k miles left in her. Drive her often, and enjoy

3 years ago I paid $11800 for my super sweet 1995 6-speed coupe with 52k miles and it's been very reliable... so far so good!

I've been looking for quite some time. It's hard to find really nice ones with a real world price.

The owner said he's never had it over 100 mph. Transmission fluid has been changed twice in it's life, rear end never. Forgot to ask about the antifreeze. A/C system was repaired (he's a purest and kept R12), CD player on Bose Gold has been repaired, shocks are original (not worried at 46k). Tires have about 6,000 mile on them. Can't remember the brand, but say's the car rides a lot nicer with them. He said it's a all day comfort machine.

If this deal falls though I have a backup. A cherry 87 Auto Vert with 52 rounds. Guy wants $11k. Don't know how much he would come done as he's the second owner (last 17 years) and has been a car jockey for 50 years. Note: the owner of the 92 (Ron) has bought 3 cars from him (Rich), they have known each other for 30 years. I've been getting really good vibes from both people. The owner of the 87 (Rich) was surprised when I told him Ron is selling his 92. He said that's a really nice car. They both are into "back to the 50's" car stuff (gives you an idea of their ages).

Then there's the 84 with 57 rounds, second owner, but I'm really not interested in the cross-fire. I'm not sure he will sell unless $7k is shown. Again, sellers age is coming into play. Time to pass on the torch.

Get notified of new replies

To The wait is killing me.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The wait is killing me.......