Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 03:36 AM
BlackandMild1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid?

I was wondering if any one has replaced one before and which route did they go. I've seen the kit in Eckler's it seems prety $$ :crazy:
Old 11-03-2002, 02:12 PM
84number2083
Pro

Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (BlackandMild1)

I replaced mine with one from Ecklers a few years ago. I replaced it because it was delaminating after about 14 years. Now the 5 year old Ecklers one is doing the same. Try a few places before sending your money to Ecklers.
Old 11-03-2002, 03:10 PM
Alchemist
Race Director

NC Events Coordinator

Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (BlackandMild1)

I'd think that any competant vinyl shop could recover it a LOT cheaper than replaceing.....
Old 11-03-2002, 07:12 PM
LaVidaLoca
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have not had a chance to get pics yet. I just had my seats recovered in cloth and had the center console cover and sun visors done at the same time. Bolsters on the seats, head rest and visors are a medium grey. Center panels of the seats and center console are a charcol grey. Console looks great. It added $50 to the upholstery job.

There was a post here not too long ago with someone that recovered their own and it looked pretty good.

Also available are some cheap padded covers and a plastic cover that just velcros on top of the old one.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:56 PM
ConeKLR
Safety Car

Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (LaVidaLoca)

Bluewasp recovers the console lids even on new C5's with a much better leather. Look him up here. Tell him ConeKLR sent cha! :D

He can send you pics if you need it. Sorry no unposties. :lol:

Hi Rob! :seeya
Old 11-04-2002, 02:02 PM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I went to my local GM dealer and got the entire console lid assembly for around $170. Swapped the inner liner so I could retain the options list.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:05 PM
Lord Odin
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (ConeKLR)

I've got about a 5 inch scrape on the top of mine and the passenger side is coming unglued. Is there a way to fix either of these? I've tried taking shoe polish on the scratch but it didn't help. I'm not sure what kind of glue to try either.
Old 11-05-2002, 03:16 AM
R23HTC
Le Mans Master

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts

Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (Lord Odin)

I just went to the local fabric store and got some vinyl and covered mine. The corners aren't very easy to do though. It looks much better than it did before though and now the sides are in.

Here's a link to my original post about it: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=375735
Old 11-05-2002, 11:22 AM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (LaVidaLoca)

Have not had a chance to get pics yet. I just had my seats recovered in cloth and had the center console cover and sun visors done at the same time. Bolsters on the seats, head rest and visors are a medium grey. Center panels of the seats and center console are a charcol grey. Console looks great. It added $50 to the upholstery job.

There was a post here not too long ago with someone that recovered their own and it looked pretty good.

Also available are some cheap padded covers and a plastic cover that just velcros on top of the old one.
Post the pictures!!! :D
Old 11-05-2002, 01:09 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid? (Bluewasp)

mid america. easy to install. keep the under side plate with the rpo codes. just swap out the pad. looks like new.

Get notified of new replies

To Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid?

Quick Reply: Has any one repaleced their cracked center console lid?