Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rogers Corvette Center

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 11:45 AM
MyC-4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (luvmy92)

As for the jeans and t-shirt thing. I went into a BMW dealer a couple of weeks ago while I was working. I was wearing jeans and a golf shirt, and driving my company car ( a 2000 chevy malibu)

They had a white (not my color of choice) 99 coupe right out on the street. So I figured I'd stop in and see what the price was. I really wasn't looking to buy, Since I really love my C-4, But have been curious about c-5's.

Well I gave the car a quick look over and went looking to get some info.

The salesman I found was the rudest person I've ever talk to. When I asked him what the asking price was for the 99 C-5 he looked at me like I had 3 heads. So I had to explain that a C-5 was a 5th generation corvette. Then before even looking it up on his price sheet he asked if I really thought I could aford it. I almost jumped over the desk and hit him, But told him that I have a 1992 corvette convert. that I thinking on trading in. He said to me, "well if you have one....where is it." I said, " It's winter and it's gonna show today, It's where ever corvette is....in the garage.

Make a really long story longer, Once we got to the price of $32k for this ok 99 w/31,000 miles, Yes it waS A 6-SPD. I told him that this was a little high for a 99 c-5 and walked out laughing.

Moral of the story; never go to a BMW Dealer to look at a Corvette.

Scott
Old 12-01-2002, 12:44 PM
OcalaGuy
Race Director

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (ZO6 BOY)

There have been several comments on the forum over the months about the customer service and after sale customer service. Some people have been very unhappy with their trip to the dealership or their service after the sale was made. I think the overall feeling is...

We have great cars so don't even ask us to lower our prices.

and

If you're not a buyer, we are not wasting our time to deal with you.

Your would think that in this time of bad economy they would be giving the best service they could. I guess they feel the corvette is a luxury item and only the people who have that extra money are going to buy whatever it is they have for sale.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:32 AM
bobcal
Instructor

When I was in the market to buy my first Vette this past summer, I haunted Roger's website daily, probably knew each C4 by heart. When I was ready to buy, I called and spoke to David Jr. about a particular CE convert. He was very friendly and courteous, and spent quite a while on the phone. While he made it clear Roger's price was basically "set in stone", he offered to email me detailed pics of the car, which arrived within an hour. I ended up buying an identical car from a private seller (for about 6k less). As a courtesy I emailed David to let him know, and his reply thanked me, congratulated me, and said to be sure to let him know when I decided to sell the car! I'd LOVE to know what Roger would offer. At any rate, while his pricing is up there, my limited experience with Roger's was painless. Contrasting this, D&M Corvette in Illinois also had a couple lo mile CE converts, and the guy I spoke with was an arrogant ***hole. Total take it or leave it attitude, grudgingly agreed to email pics, when they finally arrived a week later were pathetically poor. By that time I had already bought my Vette.
Old 12-02-2002, 09:31 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (bobcal)

David Jr is a class act......I have swapped several very cordial, informative emails with him :iagree:

Too bad Roger is not of the same mold :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :seeya
Old 12-02-2002, 12:27 PM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (96 Collector Edition)

i like that approach. if i need something i will come get you. usualy when i go to a lot i tell the sales person my car just got repoed and i need to find another one to replace it. they usualy leave me alone.
Old 12-02-2002, 02:51 PM
GTrain
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

I have the same problem due to my age. At 26, I was in the market for a Corvette, with cash, and most dealers just assumed I was a tire kicker. Same thing happpend when I went to a BMW dealership in NJ for my wifes car. Not even a second look. This BMW dealership even frowned on you if you asked for anything less than a 5 series. Three series were just "wasted space" on the lot. Its a dealership, they just want the easiest sale. If they could sit on their butt all day and get paid for keeping the cushion warm, those jokers would..... :p:
Old 12-02-2002, 05:28 PM
MongooseLT4
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (GTrain)

Ive never been thier, but I bought my GS from them and e-mailed as well as spoke to David Jr. and we was very very tollerable of my 3-4 e-mails a day every day until the deal was closed on the car. I was very impressed with the service I got from them even after I payed for the car!!! They are great in my book very very helpful. I plan to go down thier and visit in 3-4 months I'll let you know if my opinon changes.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

You know, I hear this same complaint every once in awhile about Roger's and frankly, I just don't get it.

Rather than attack you the moment you enter the showroom, they let you look around at your heart's content without pestering you to death. If you have a question, they are ready and willing to spend as much time with you as needed, as indicated by this sign at the front door:

If you really WANT to be hassled by a salesperson, then there are all sorts of other dealers out there that will oblige. You can also find other dealers that play the pricing game with you. But Roger's doesn't do any of this nonsense and I for one am VERY thankful they don't!

If you had asked to look at a car in the back lot (behid that big, black fence) or in the service bay (behind closed doors), I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem. Courtesy goes both ways, here, and they have to watch out for theft and vandalism, too. I find it hard to believe that anyone there was rude to you, not even the detail man.

Roger's is largely a family business... Roger, his brother, and 2 nephews have run the place for years (current and old locations) with help from Dan, another salesperson (and a sweetheart of a guy, I might add). I spend a lot of time there, and I have NEVER seen them stereotype a customer due to the way they are dressed. They just don't do that, gang.

Bottom line is that Roger Judski is a Corvette enthusiast first and foremost. Good grief, his birthday is even June 30th (same as the Corvette). He loves to see Corvette people happy but hates the business getting to that point. That's why he refuses to price haggle and won't let his salespeople pester you. He's totally honest and his cars are premium quality. Works for me.

Ya think maybe THAT is why he gets so much repeat business?

[Modified by Hutch, 11:49 AM 12/3/2002]
Old 12-03-2002, 07:21 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Hutch)

If you have a question, they are ready and willing to spend as much time with you as needed, even if you say up front that you're only looking today. It doesn't matter to them.

I will have to disagree with you, Hutch, on the above point......It was obvious to me that Roger had no interest in providing me with a satisfactory test drive.

And if another forum member says they were treated rudely there, why is that so hard to believe?

:cheers: :seeya
Old 12-03-2002, 08:04 AM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And if another forum member says they were treated rudely there, why is that so hard to believe?
I have been in that showroom probably 50 times and have never seen anyone treated poorly.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Roger's. I think you should Email him and let him know what happened. Maybe even include a link to this thread...

Mike
Old 12-03-2002, 08:58 AM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I will have to disagree with you, Hutch, on the above point......
I'm not arguing with your perception and its unfortunate your experience with them wasn't a positive one. All I'm saying is that I do not believe your report represents that of the majority. Far and away, I believe those that HAVE purchased at Roger's enjoy a very positive experience, and come away not only with a fine Corvette, but a new friend, as well. There is a reason they get so much repeat business and sight-unseen sales. ;)

If their hands-off approach offends some folks, so be it. Personally, I'll take that any day of the week compared to a vulture-like salesdude. :)
Old 12-03-2002, 09:27 AM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (luvmy92)

I have been in that showroom probably 50 times and have never seen anyone treated poorly.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Roger's. I think you should Email him and let him know what happened. Maybe even include a link to this thread...

Mike
Mike, I did email Roger and David Jr responded saying he would pass my feelings on to Roger.....I have never heard back from him. I suppose I am just very disappointed with my experience there given what I had heard about the place. I also had been swapping emails with David Jr so I expected a more positive expereince.

But , hey, life goes on...... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :seeya :cheers:
Old 12-03-2002, 10:21 AM
stillthere
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

showroom qualifing. a sales person only wants to talk to someone he thinks is going to buy a car. he could be talking to a tire kicker when a buyer comes along but its no longer his turn so he loses a sale. thats why they tend to showroom qualify. they try to decide who is a buyer and who is not from the window. not a good way to go about it but most do it. how many people do you think they get per day that just want to drive a vette. no intention of buying one but driving one will be a cool way to kill some time. i would hate to work there.
Old 12-03-2002, 06:30 PM
Patrick96LT4
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Default Well...

Roger's Corvette picked me up from the airport.

They pulled the car outside and it was glowing when I pulled up.

I did a good inspection, and had a "we don't normally let people drive them like you do" test drive....

I handed them the cashiers check, and drove home with Florida temporary tags.

David Jr. is a nice guy, never met Roger. But, I agree, you see enough tire kickers, you tend not to rush up to people anymore.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:55 PM
96 Collector Edition
Safety Car

Default Re: Well... (Patrick96LT4)

I don't like being rushed up to either......but, hey, if I want a test drive, I think I am entitled to one in which I can truly evaluate the car. I am sure David Jr would have been more accomodating. :yesnod:

And Patrick....might be interesesting to see how much Roger would give you on your car NOW.......better be sitting down when you ask :crazy: :crazy: :seeya :cheers:
Old 12-04-2002, 01:30 PM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Well... (96 Collector Edition)

Just so you know the type of people they are; My girlfriend bought her 95 Competition Yellow vert there, and had it for a couple of weeks before we noticed that she was leaking oil from the intake. She also had a bad leak coming from one of her shocks. Now these cars come with no warranty mind you, but Roger took the car back and fixed both of these problems for FREE.

They didn't have to do it. There was nothing in writing that made them do it. They did it because it was the right thing to do. They are an honest establishment with morals... more than you can say about most dealerships.

As for the test drives, it is not easy to get the cars in and out of the showroom. In order for them to do that, you have to have a real interest in the car. I don't think there would be any problem taking one of the cars outside for a ride however...

Mike
Old 12-04-2002, 02:07 PM
jdog0411
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Re: Well... (luvmy92)

I'm thinking of buying my vette from Rogers. I live in Kansas City so it will have to be a distance deal. I have a tradein too. Anyone ever buy a vette long distance and with a trade in? I'm not sure how that would work. I could try to sell the vehicle first (wife's 99 Ford Explorer XLT) but I don't really want to go through that process.

Get notified of new replies

To Rogers Corvette Center

Old 12-04-2002, 05:00 PM
Stv50
Melting Slicks

Another satisfied customer here. I did most of my work over the internet dealing with Rogers Corvette. When I decided on which one was mine my wife and I flew one way to Florida and drove back to Texas. Like a few other people in here my Vette was sparkling when I got there. Oh, they also picked us up at the airport in a limo. If I ever decide to get another one I'm starting at Rogers.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:07 PM
yoslambo1@cs.com
Safety Car

I agree, you see enough tire kickers, you tend not to rush up to people anymore.
since i sell cars for a living....believe me there are more tire kickers than buyers! :yesnod:
Old 12-05-2002, 12:57 AM
Tom Mieczkowski
Racer

Default Re: Well... (96 Collector Edition)

I'm going to add my 2 cents to this discussion. I bought my 96 LT4 CE from Roger's about three years ago. I first followed their ads on the web , and contacted Dave Jr. via e-mail. I went on their "wish list" with a price I was willing to pay and my desie for a LT4 CE. Dave Jr. got back to me after a while (several weeks) and said they had a car coming in that fit my description. I went out to see it, said I would buy it pending a mechnic's inspection. There were a coupleof minor things which were fixed right then and there. The mechnic gave the thumbs up to the car. I paid my money and drove the car home.

I was treated great and I have continued to communicate with Dave Jr. I've taken my young son by Roger's for a visit and shown the car to Dave Jr. They let us hang around the showroom all the time we wished - my son shot a lot of pix of the inventory. Dave and I had a great talk, he came out to look at the car, and we just had a good time.

I'd buy from Roger's in a minute. I don't want a salesperson hassling me, and I understand in the car business and especially when it comes to Corvettes there are one heck of a lot of tire kickers. To anyone who had a bad experience there, I'm sorry. But I have a hard time thinking that this is typical of Roger's.

Roger's is a class act in my book. :cheers:

Quick Reply: Rogers Corvette Center