Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Rogers Corvette Center

Old 12-06-2002, 05:44 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (rbhighrise)

Spend a few more years being attacked prior to even exiting your vehicle at other car lots and you will probably appreciate a more laidback approach.

Best of luck!
:cheers:

No doubt. You always hear about people complaining about how friggin pushy these sales reps can get. NEVER the other way around. If they don't want to deal with you........that's their prerogative. They're paid on commissions man. Blame the company for distributing their pay checks.........not the reps. If they were paid even a decent rate without having to rely on commission then they would be expected to show extreme prompt service to all customers........not just the ones that have cash droppin out of their pockets. Since they're most likely not, then they would get burned by losing your business. It's the dealership's management or ownership that should gear their reps more for helping people like yourself out when you're just asking questions. I can't stand it when reps are pushy. I don't mind it at all when they're laid back...in fact, I prefer it. That's the main reason why I never go to dealerships anymore to buy...contrary to the name, dealerships are usually the LAST place on earth you go to "get a good deal". LoL. If I want something and they're being d***s IF I ever do decide to go again then I leave and go elsewhere. Simple. ..................Trust me d00d.............it's NOT your loss.
Old 12-06-2002, 06:20 PM
MaSTeRofDZaSTeR
Drifting

Location: "Drive like Hell, you'll get there faster." Tucson AZ

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (DCTC)

Check this thread out....... One of these days this will all catch up with Roger Judski and his greed will undo his entire business.

Greed??? Gimme a break. Sure, everyone check it out, and be sure to read *all* of the thread, including MY final reply at the bottom of page 3 at http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zero...=396128&page=3

Obviously, YOUR experience does not represent that of the majority. Wonder why that is, huh? :rolleyes:

[Modified by Hutch, 5:43 PM 12/5/2002]

Hutch....

I understand what you're saying......and YES, if it's a simple straight across the table, "give Roger some money" deal, things will go smooth as glass, with a kind word and a kiss from Roger, it's when it comes time for Roger to stand behind what he has already sold, (ie. not degrade the car and it's value after commanding a premium price for it), things change, and the claws come out, and you will no longer be a "Friend" of Roger's, but another pigeon to shake down..

Some may LOVE Roger's and that's fine.....MY dealings were great with them until it came time for Roger to buy...that is my point, as well as the fact that he's not exactly 100% honest about the origins or condition of the car he is commanding a premium price for.....that is the Caveat I imparted, no need to get our knickers in a twist.

If any of you DO deal with Roger, just be sure what you are getting, and be sure you don't mind paying throught the nose, I don't mind paying throught the nose if what I'm getting is primo, and this was what I thought I was getting when I bought from him.

Best to you.... :seeya
Damn..............read the thread DCTC.............he sounds like a serious d***. I'd never deal with an azzmunch like that. Even though I've never dealt with him, I've dealt with others like what you described in the past. It's dealers and dealerships like his that will never gain my business in any future event. I don't blame your attitude on the subject either. You seem calm and collected compared to the way I'd be man. Dealers are almost always in it for the cash and it doesn't surprise me that a tird like him would complain about 300 bucks for shipping. This only magnifies the situation. May you learn from this to NEVER sell your car to a dealer man. They'll always rip you off on that end of the transaction. Period. BTW...........I would DEFINITELY get vengeance on his azz if I were you. If what you said is true..................DEFINITELY. If it were me...........my actions would've been "postal" long ago DCTC. :mad
Old 12-09-2002, 06:06 PM
00C5
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (ZO6 BOY)

A couple of comments, if I may:

- You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

- Wonder what the reaction would be if the dealers, parts suppliers, and tuners began posting their "customer experiences" on public forums? And how many of those "customers" wouldn't hesitate a microsecond to dial up their attorney screaming libel, slander, defamation of character...?

- I submit that "serious" problems with a business issue should be first dealt with one-on-one with the business owner - not by venting on a public forum. Most businesses jump at the chance to arrive at a mutually agreeable solution to the problem.

- The Turkey Run is probably the largest hotrod show in the southeast. Wonder how many others - on a holiday weekend with great weather - just happened to "stop by and look around"?

- Whether you prefer being jumped by a sales guy the moment you hit the lot, or prefer to just look without being bothered, why not simply state that as you walk in? Is it the dealer's obligation to read your mind?

- Businesses stay in business by retaining customers - not by chasing them away. Likewise, businesses stay in business by making some margin on their sales, not by giving away the store. And it takes two consenting parties to do a transaction.

- I've done multiple transactions with Roger and his staff over the years - both buy and sell. Were they helpful? Yes. Cordial? Yes. Friendly? Yes. Informative? Yes. Was I satisfied? Yes. Would I do another? In a heartbeat.

Caveat Emptor
Now, let's put all this to bed and go drive some Corvettes! :cheers:
Old 12-09-2002, 10:06 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (00C5)

I would bet my next paycheck you work for Rogers. Sorry, but you can't bullpoopie a bullpoopieter. First of all, you live in orlando (coinkidink?) Second of all, I've been on all sides of thr fence (Owner, salesman, customer) and the statements you just made would only come from a company man.

- Wonder what the reaction would be if the dealers, parts suppliers, and tuners began posting their "customer experiences" on public forums? And how many of those "customers" wouldn't hesitate a microsecond to dial up their attorney screaming libel, slander, defamation of character...?

Never, since the beginning of time, has it been "The seller is always right". The customer doesn't need to give two s*@%s about the business. It's the other way around my man. And as I said in my erlier post, Don't hassle a guy but don't ignore him either. And another part of your statement that's so out of wack:
- Whether you prefer being jumped by a sales guy the moment you hit the lot, or prefer to just look without being bothered, why not simply state that as you walk in? Is it the dealer's obligation to read your mind?

Do you really think a guy should walk into a place and yell out "HEY EVERYBODY, I'M JUST LOOKING!" or "HEY I'M LOADED AND LOOKING TO BUY TODAY!" because thats exactly what you would have to do at your, I mean Rogers place.
Old 12-09-2002, 10:12 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

And also, your statements:[QUOTE]
- I submit that "serious" problems with a business issue should be first dealt with one-on-one with the business owner - not by venting on a public forum. Most businesses jump at the chance to arrive at a mutually agreeable solution to the problem.
- The Turkey Run is probably the largest hotrod show in the southeast. Wonder how many others - on a holiday weekend with great weather - just happened to "stop by and look around"?
- Businesses stay in business by retaining customers - not by chasing them away. Likewise, businesses stay in business by making some margin on their sales, not by giving away the store. And it takes two consenting parties to do a transaction.
Caveat Emptor ALL of this is business/sales 101. So some may be sold but not me. I'll wave as I drive past your, excuse me... Rogers place.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:06 AM
behnevette
Pro

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (litevette)

litevette, I happen to know for a fact that 00C5 does not work at Roger's. So he lives in Orlando. So do you. By your logic, you must work at Roger's, since you live in Orlando. Coinkidink? Let me know when you're ready to send that paycheck!!!

:cheers:

[Modified by behnevette, 12:10 AM 12/10/2002]
Old 12-11-2002, 05:24 PM
litevette
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (behnevette)

I owe OOC5 an apology. I was drinking (a lot) the night I wrote that. Sorry about that. As for BEHNEVETTE, the check is in the mail! :yesnod:
Old 12-11-2002, 06:14 PM
Utahvette
Advanced

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (ZO6 BOY)

THEY GOT ME FOR 500 BUCKS :mad . my fault (deposit) I changed my mind on the one I wanted (a 92 black rose) I had a car inspection co. check it out before I sent the rest of the money and it had quite a few things wrong (cosmetic and interior problems) they said they would fix them but I couldnt bring my self to send the money knowing when the car arrived in utah it might or might not be fixed. oh well live and learn :cheers:
Old 12-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Utahvette)

Utah -- How is it that they "got you" for $500? They generally give refunds on deposits unless they had some out of pocket expenses like shipping, inspections, tags, or whatever.

Besides, they always recommend an independent inspection, especially for out-of-state buyers, so there will be no surprises. Heck, that's right there in their FAQ.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:29 AM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Hutch)

Is this thread still going? :lurk: :cheers:

Mike
Old 12-13-2002, 08:26 PM
Utahvette
Advanced

if they generally refund deposits then I was the exception because they flat out refused to give me one and I didnt want to spend another 1000 to get it back.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:55 PM
flannel_man
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center

I remember when I was shopping around for my vette. I would go to the dealorships from work in my jeans and t-shirt. For some reason there was no service when i wanted to look at a partcular vette. Guy tried to push me into buying a v-6 camaro :rolleyes: Hello ! Needless to say when I drove up in my vette in the same clothes as the 1st time to look at the vette that had caught my eye there was service. Wish I had a camera to get the look on their face when I said I had found a vette that liked me for me.
Old 12-14-2002, 07:23 AM
00C5
Intermediate

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (litevette)

litevette: :thumbs: Accepted, no problem :thumbs:

behnevette: Hey! That's MY check! :jester
Old 12-14-2002, 11:12 AM
Hurricane_777
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Iceman4021)

just figured i would let everyone know why HUTCH has such a high opinion regarding rogers corvettes. Hutch designed and maintains the website for roger. I guess if i worked for roger my opinion would be biased as well since the better i make his buisness appear, the better my buisness will be? so Hutch i believe all your hoopla can be tossed out the window!
You've got a hell of a lot of nerve man! Hutch has done more for the Grand Sport community than anyone out there. He is a well respected member of the corvette community and this forum. I had the opportunity to meet he and his wife at Carlisle a couple years back, and I can honestly say you couldn't have picked a more standup guy to call out on a public site. He's devoted a hell of a lot of personal time in assisting GS owners (including myself) in promoting and furthering their knowledge of the GS through the registry.

Before calling someone out, you should have taken the time to understand that Hutch and Patti are longtime family friends of the folks at Roger's. Long before and independent of the Web. If someone attempted to slander one of my friends in public, I would have done the same thing (as I am doing now).

Being a former GS owner yourself, you should have known better. :nono:
Old 12-14-2002, 12:28 PM
Hutch
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: Rogers Corvette Center (Iceman4021)

just figured i would let everyone know why HUTCH has such a high opinion regarding rogers corvettes. ...
Ouch! That hurt, Patrick. What have I done to hurt you?

It is no secret that I maintain Roger's web site. I maintain a bunch of 'em. Its also no secret that the Judski clan are good friends. But I don't work for Roger anymore than the guy that paints your house works for you.

I also know JC and Jimmy from H&H quite well. In fact, I've bought a Corvette from them before and they treated me just fine. Funny, I offered to build them a web site years ago and Jimmy said they didn't need one. They have one now, of course. ;)

The bottom line is that when I see my friends being slandered and the truth NOT being told, its tough for me to sit back and not say anything. I would have done the same thing for you, Patrick, as I thought we were friends, too. I'm saddened that that is evidently not the case.

Can we not close this thread now PLEASE???
Old 12-14-2002, 11:17 PM
behnevette
Pro

behnevette: Hey! That's MY check! :jester
Hey Gary, you snooze, you lose! If he sends it, I'll sign it over to Mrs. Russell!!! :cheers:
Old 12-15-2002, 08:26 AM
luvmy92
Melting Slicks

What happened to Patrick's post? Did he remove it? All that's left is a partial quote.

Patrick, I'm not sure who you are, but you are sadly mistaken regarding Hutch's character. I can tell you this man does more for the Corvette community in a year than you will in your lifetime. He is a tireless promoter of the Corvette, and has owned 17 of them since 1969.

When I first moved to this area I didn't know the man, but he took me in as if we had known each other all of our lives. He is a man of principles and morals, which is more than I can say about some of the posters in this thread.

I certainly don't need to defend him, but I really don't like to see someone accused of something, especially when the accuser does not have the facts straight. Also, a public Forum is not the place for these accusations.

I'm going to assume that since your post is no longer in the thread, you must have reconsidered what you wrote. Maybe you have some principles as well. Let's hope so...

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rogers Corvette Center