Notices
C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area?

Old 06-16-2003, 03:48 PM
tobijohn
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Default Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area?

I'm looking for a competent mechanic for routine maintenance and repair work on my 96 LT-1 when the need arises. If anyone is currently using one or knows of one in the West Palm Beach/Jupiter, FL area, please let me know. Normally, I'm leery of dealerships for all the standard reasons but if you've had consistently satisfying service from one in the area, that would be fine as well.

Thanks in advance...
Old 06-16-2003, 05:41 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (tobijohn)

I've been looking for the same as well. I would also like to find a place that can do modifications to my 93 LT-1. I will tell you one thing...do not go to Maroone Chevrolet in Greenacres. Their mechanics suck. I have yet to have an experience there that I didn't have to go back a second time for them to do the original job correctly. I have given the mechanics more tips about their jobs than when I was pushing parts for Discount Auto Parts. For instance, one lazy mechanic was replacing my u-joints (all 6). The next day, I get in my car and start to drive. It was smoking something fierce under the car. The mechanic had rolled the outer lip of the rear tranny seal in and tranny fluid was dripping on the exhaust. First, when the car was in there, it had over 90,000 miles. I was waiting to see if the mechanic would recommend that the seal be replaced, but was never told anything. Well, when I got in there, I was :mad :mad :mad I told my advisor that she had better get the mechanic out here to correct the problem now and also added a stab that he was really too stupid :crazy: to work on Corvettes. Well, he heard the last part because she buzzed him in the back. Boy, he was almost as :mad as I was at his stupidity. After spending another hour taking the exhaust back out, putting in a new seal (for free this time), he came out and had me test drive it with him. He made a comment then that I should have replaced it. I agreed, and told him I was waiting for the "mechanic" to tell the advisor that it should be done. Heck, I am paying these rates for his "knowledge". I told him the reason he didn't was that it would have taken 10 minutes to pry out the old one and put in a new one and he didn't get paid for that time. Then I really let him have it (after we got back to the dealership and I had my car back). I told him that next time, if he takes some vaseline and coats the front of driveshaft with it, he would have been able to slide it back into the rear seal without rolling over the lip of the seal. He looked confused :confused: . So, then I told him, think of it like you are going to let your b/f get "close" to you. Do you want to be "rolled" the wrong way? He still looked confused about it and finally got what I meant when I was leaving the dealership!! :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: What an idiot!! :crazy:
Let me know if you find a good shop. I need one too!! :steering:
Old 06-16-2003, 06:00 PM
vette92_1
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (tobijohn)

Hey guys, I'm not from West Palm, but have been there several times. I was wondering, does Moroso's Motorsports out on Beeline road work on sports cars? Just a thought.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:13 PM
tobijohn
Safety Car

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (vette92_1)

vette92_1 quote:
"Hey guys, I'm not from West Palm, but have been there several times. I was wondering, does Moroso's Motorsports out on Beeline road work on sports cars? Just a thought."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I actually live about ten minutes from Moroso Motorsports Park. I just moved to the area last October and while I was vaguely aware of its presence, I never really gave it much thought. I see from their website that every Wednesday and Friday are "Test and Tune" nights. I suppose I could wander over there and see if any of the Corvette guys have any recommendations....
Old 06-16-2003, 08:50 PM
vette92_1
Burning Brakes

I actually live about ten minutes from Moroso Motorsports Park. I just moved to the area last October and while I was vaguely aware of its presence, I never really gave it much thought. I see from their website that every Wednesday and Friday are "Test and Tune" nights. I suppose I could wander over there and see if any of the Corvette guys have any recommendations....
Yea, I am in that area alot on business, and I keep telling myself I am going to go over there on one of those nights for some entertainment, but I usually get to tied up. I did drive out there once just to see where it's at, I noticed they had a few shop buildings around, so I thought you might give them a try. But your right, I am sure some of the corvette guys there could send you in the right direction.
Old 06-18-2003, 02:29 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (vette92_1)

Unfortunately, they don't do any work on cars out there at Moroso. It is a great place. I haven't had a chance to get out there lately, but in March they have a Super Chevy Show. It is really cool.
Old 06-21-2003, 06:42 PM
vette92_1
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (Whitvette)

Unfortunately, they don't do any work on cars out there at Moroso. It is a great place. I haven't had a chance to get out there lately, but in March they have a Super Chevy Show. It is really cool.
Do you know if they have anything scheduled around the week of or the week after the 4th of July?

I am planning a business trip around that time.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:21 AM
tobijohn
Safety Car

They've got a calendar of events posted on their website:
http://www.morosomotorsportspark.com/
Old 06-22-2003, 12:00 PM
vette92_1
Burning Brakes

:cool:

Thanks for the link
Old 06-22-2003, 06:59 PM
pwrful c4
Burning Brakes

Cannot find anyone I trust still do my own work,getting older now and it takes a little longer. :steering:
Old 06-23-2003, 10:50 PM
tobijohn
Safety Car

Default Re: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area? (pwrful c4)

For those in the area who are in the same fix as me, there's a Corvette Club based in West Palm Beach that meets every Monday at a local restaurant. I think they're all off to Bowling Green this week but I'll mosey over there sometime in the next couple weeks, ask the questions and post the results....

Get notified of new replies

To Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mechanic recommendation in West Palm Beach/Jupiter FL area?