C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Cruise control vacuum hose routing

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 11:43 AM
alfonso gomez
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cruise control vacuum hose routing

My 87 Coupe had to go to the shop for a power brake booster replacement. Apparently they worked loose one hose for the cruise control.
The hoses run like this: From the vacuum canister inside the driver's side front fender to a plastic "T". From that plastic "T" a hose runs to the cruise control servo. Another hose runs from the plastic "T" to, I suppose, a vacuum intake somewhere in the engine. I found that hose resting against the exhaust manifold, so part of it was burned. I've looked everywhere and cannot find where this hose connects. There is another hose that runs from the servo and connects to the base of the power brake booster and that one is in place. I've looked in both Haynes and Chilton manuals and they don't give me aclue where that hose goes. It is a small diameter rubber hose. Anyone out there can help? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:26 PM
offershore
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cruise control vacuum hose routing (alfonso gomez)

Look on the stop ligth sw. under the dash the hose may have come off. thats the hose that shuts off the cruise when you applie the brake. there are two switches stop light and cruise side by side. :flag

Quick Reply: Cruise control vacuum hose routing