C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Stupidest Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupidest Question

The other day a friend of mine told me an interesting story about a question he was asked in regards to his C4. Apparently a stranger approached him and began a lengthy discussion about the car, claiming to have owned one just like it when he was much younger. After about ten minutes of bragging to my friend about all the street races he won in the car the guy asked what year Firebird it was!!!!
This made me think about the crazy things that have been asked to other Corvette owners. We thought it would make an interesting story for the CF home page. We're looking for the stupidest question you have ever been asked about your Corvette. Tell us your story and maybe we'll tell your story on the home page!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:12 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Brought My Car To A Car Show One Time And Some Bum With A Bottle Of Alcohol In A Paper Bag Smoking A Cigarette Walked Up To Me And Asked, "Don't People With Small Penises Usually Drive These?". I Think That's One Of The Stupidest Things I've Heard So Far.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Brought My Car To A Car Show One Time And Some Bum With A Bottle Of Alcohol In A Paper Bag Smoking A Cigarette Walked Up To Me And Asked, "Don't People With Small Penises Usually Drive These?". I Think That's One Of The Stupidest Things I've Heard So Far.
I heard a similar story but it the question was addressed to a Harley gang member. Needless to say I don't think that he ever asked that questions again!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:37 PM
corvettesa
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Because some people will say there is no stupid question, I think if you rephrased your question more people would participate. You are probably looking for some funny, silly or standout questions. People may have them, but if you are expecting them to share 'stupid' questions, some people may just say I am not sure if this is a good or stupid question. Just my two cents.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:00 PM
JackDidley
Race Director

Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

A guy asked me what year my Firebird was also. At least he never claimed to own one.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 PM
corvettesa
Advanced

Lol
Old 05-02-2014, 11:42 PM
Tom400CFI
Team Owner
Pro Mechanic

Received 3,181 Likes on 2,322 Posts

Originally Posted by Dadman1950
We're looking for the stupidest question you have ever been asked about your Corvette. Tell us your story and maybe we'll tell your story on the home page!
My wife son and I were participating in a CORVETTE Club of Utah, "Cruisin' to the Tetons", cruise. I drove my C6, my wife drove her Dodge Stealth RT/TT -remember those cars?

At one of the stops, a woman who was part of the CORVETTE Club of Utah pointed at the Stealth and asked my wife and i....

"When did they make a 4 seat Corvette?"

Yikes. Lady, You HAVE a Corvette. You're IN the CORVETTE Club. Ya can't see the "DODGE" emblems/logos on this car? Seriously, people.

Last edited by Tom400CFI; 05-02-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 AM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Back when I was young and single (1967) I was stationed in Washington DC. I was driving around town with the top down in my 65 vert on a beautiful day.
I stopped at a light and a guy comes up to the car and asks if I would like to pay to have a pretty lady go for a ride with me.
I told him no and thought to myself. Black Corvette convertible, all shined up, I'm in good shape and not ugly. Why in the world would I ever want to or have to PAY for a girl to go for a ride?!!!!!
And so another small town hick Midwesterner learns about the big world out there.
I learned a LOT more about that world and got to see more than I wanted to over the next two years.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

About 5 years ago a guy at the DIY car wash asked me if my '86 was new.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:47 AM
Txbobcat
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

During the Cash for clunkers thing a gal in a new Ford expedition pulls up next to my corvette with the top down and asks me ( Are you not ashamed to be driving a gas guzzler like that when the rest of us are trying to conserve gas?) I said I bet you are getting close to 12 mpg arent you? Well uppity I get 26 mpg so who should be ashamed here?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 AM
CaledoniaBrian
Intermediate

Had a guy crossing the road in front of me while at a light. He yell over nice looking car, my wife has a Ferrari just like that.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:23 AM
89 Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

My boss turned down the volume on the radio so that he could hear the exhaust. I was duly impressed until he added that he'd never heard a rear engined car before.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Larrye
LarryE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Pulled in to a gas station last year. When getting out of the car, a rather unimpressive fella began complementing my '85, and began trying ro impress with his Corvette knowledge, I've had a couple of those, real fast cars, etc, etc, were some of his comments. I thanked him for the ccompliments, agreed they are fun cars, the usual.

As I was getting ready to leave, he asked me if the car was a C5 or a C6!

I quickly answered C4 and left.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:57 AM
mtnmanut
Racer

At a car show , a few days earlier I had removed the stock valve covers to restore. I put on another set of valve covers for the show. They were badged as 383 valve covers. A guy with his 14- 15 year old boys were looking at the car,of course dad was giving his sons all his vast knowledge and experience about corvettes, when out of the blue he called me back over , looking at the valve covers , he asked me why a corvette purest would ever put a Plymouth motor in a corvette. Should I explain a stroker to dad or just shrug my shoulders and walkaway . Should I explain and show dads lack of knowledge in front of his boys. Just in the nick of time my wife walked up with lunch , that changed the subject. Dad walked off telling his boys what an idiot I was putting a Plymouth motor in a vette. LMFAO
Old 05-03-2014, 11:08 AM
GKK
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A guy saw me drive up in my 91 Vette and said, "I have a 96 Vette".

I said, nice!... then he said, "But, mine was the First year with the Independent Suspension"...

I thought he was joking but, he wasn't. I said, Corvettes have had independent suspensions since 1963!...He said, "Not from what I've read!"...I said, my vette has the same Transverse Mono Spring suspension as your 96, do you want to see? but, he didn't want to hear it...

I was AMAZED at how "Thick" some people can be!...

Last edited by GKK; 05-03-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:13 PM
GQ-ROD
Pro

The most stupid question I've gotten a lot is.........

Is it for sale ?

Why is this stupid?

Because if it was it would have a for sale sign on it.DUH !

I'm constantly amazed at how many times i get this question asked.

It's not a ZR-1, it's not a Grand Sport, heck it's not even a TPI injected engine, the only thing special about my car is that i have deep appreciation for it, YET they keep asking, and leaving notes on my car.

Fascinating.

Even more fascinating is that if it were for sale, you'd get nothing but tire kickers, joy riders, time wasters, and low ballers. Go figure lol.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 PM
larryinalabama
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Well.............

I asked a old Girl Friend if she would ride in my Corvette.........I said that I would take the Targa top off, and she could take her top off......and stand up in the seat and we would haul azz through town.

Does that qualify as a stupid question?

Get notified of new replies

To Stupidest Question

Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by larryinalabama
Well.............

I asked a old Girl Friend if she would ride in my Corvette.........I said that I would take the Targa top off, and she could take her top off......and stand up in the seat and we would haul azz through town.

Did she go for it??
Stupidest question I've been asked-is it a V6
Old 05-05-2014, 01:37 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by larryinalabama
Well.............

Not in Alabama!
Old 05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

QUOTE=larryinalabama;1586822105]Well.............

Does that qualify as a stupid question?[/QUOTE]

Not if she agreed to do it!

Quick Reply: Stupidest Question