C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Michigan Show Needs Forum Support

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 09:28 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Michigan Show Needs Forum Support

As a vendor I've always wondered why I have to pack my trailer, rent a hotel room, drive 500 miles, just to sell our products to other Michigan residents. Yet it happens every year. The states of Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio are home for thousands of Corvette owners. Many of the Corvette manufacturers are located in these states and Detroit is home for General Motors. In Michigan alone we have Corvette Central, Paragon, DeWitts, Vette products, Corvette Rubber, and Tracy Perfomance.
America's Corvette Club and Cauley Chevrolet are developing a Corvette event held at the GM Tech Center in Warren Michigan. Last years was great and this year will even be better. It is a one day event, August 14th, 2004. Next year it is going to be a two day show.
What if we (corvetteforum) plan some road rally or massive get together in conjunction this event? It would be fun to do and support a good thing. Many of the dollars generated from this show go to charities and not in some promoter pocket.

I'm signed up to bring the trailer, as is Paragon, and Corvette Central. Just image a national size show that you didn't have to spend hotel fees to attend. Another little bonus for the general car buff is that the Woodward Dream Cruise is the following weekend.

I'm looking for ideas on what to do and volunteers to coordinate it. During my peak season I just can't be involved with anything else unless I give up sleeping. The website isn't finished yet but here's a link.

www.americascorvetteclub.org/Corvettes_America/CorvettesAmerica1.html

[Modified by Tom DeWitt, 8:29 PM 3/6/2004]
Old 03-06-2004, 09:54 PM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Default Re: Michigan Show Needs Forum Support (Tom DeWitt)

AAhhh Woodward Ave. Cruised that strip for most of my high school years during the late 60's. Back then gas was 45 cent a gallon and you could entertain a young lady with a drive-in movie and burgers for a five dollar bill. The left overs was for gas.

I was a Chevy fan and remember seeing "RAT-PACK" which was a bunch of guys in Chevelle's. One memorable night I rode one with a friend in his 68 Z28. With the 4.11's that 302 pulled out of the hole with the nose held high. The best race was sticking it to a Hemi Cuda. Great race, for the first 50 yards! The look on that guys face as he pulled by was great! You could see he was pissed that this little Camaro left him in his own smoke....

Say Hey to Motown!
:cheers: -JRC-
Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 PM
96KICKS
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I went last year, very nice show. Grounds are gorgeous, very friendly people. ACC and Cauley did a very nice job on this event. I plan on going again this coming summer. I'm not the 'coordinator' type, but would gladly help out if someone decides to 'coordinate'. Keep us posted. You may want to copy this thread into the Great Lakes Section as well as all the other 'generation' sections on this forum.
Old 03-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Default Re: Michigan Show Needs Forum Support (96KICKS)

That date make it tough for us east coast guys, Carlisle is the next weekend :cheers:
Old 03-07-2004, 09:24 AM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Default Re: Michigan Show Needs Forum Support (Rex Ruby)

That date make it tough for us east coast guys, Carlisle is the next weekend :cheers:
Actually it's two weeks after.
Old 03-07-2004, 09:01 PM
TheShield
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't even know about it Tom! I'm gonna try like He-- to be there....just live south of Detroit and the wife's aunt lives in Warren. Hope to see you there, as long as I can get the day off of work!!! I'll have to tell my dad about it too...He's got a sweet '66 vert

[Modified by TheShield, 2:02 AM 3/8/2004]

Get notified of new replies

To Michigan Show Needs Forum Support

Quick Reply: Michigan Show Needs Forum Support