C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 08:34 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Received 173 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice

As some of you know i bought a C5 (no flames please LOL). I need to sell my C4 as i have no room. I just cleaned her and took photos and a drive in her tonight. She looks great. Here are some details:

This car is in VERY nice shape as some other forum members can attest and is a steal at 12k which is what i am looking to get. Here are some details:

NEW Tranny 14K miles ago with warranty and it's been flawless

NEW Rear Wheel Hub and Bearing Assemblies less than 10k miles ago.

NEW shocks 800 miles ago

NEW Rear End DANA 36 with 3.07's ~2000 miles ago

NEW Chrome ZR-1 Wheels 2200 miles ago in MINT shape

Borla Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust

NEW Pioneer/Infinity Sound System 1 year old sounds great
I will include the bose system which i have as well

NEW Sylvania Headlights 2 Weeks ago

NEW Brake Rotors and pads on all 4 wheels 6K miles ago

Chrome Door Handles (These really look awesome on a white car)

NEW Battery 15 months agoi

What else to say i will be posting more pictures soon but my sig shows the car. The car is a multiple trophy winner in the 2 years i have owned it. there are not to my knowledge many late C4 verts for sale at this price in this kind of condition regardless of what others claim. The car uses not a drop of oil between oil changes. It handles like it is on rails and has been taken to the track once and that was last month for the first time for the car and me and ran a 13.9 which is better than when new for a 91 vert. Interior is in very good shape as is the exterior. This is a very good car and i hate to ebay it or even sell it. If you are looking for a well maintained late C4 vert here she is. I feel like a fool for having sunk all of this money into mods in the last year only to lose all of that cash now but the C5 bug bit and i could not shake it. It's killing me to sell this. Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested. I'll stake my reputation on the car it is very nice and will not disappoint. I drive it regularly and it has NO mechanical issues whatsoever.

Is my pricing about right do you think or am i high. Honest opinions please. Also is ebay the way to go or should i stick it out here and locally. I don't want summer to tick by and be stuck with it. How do you guys think i can get the most bang for the buck out of this sale. I am willing to sell in the 11's. I can't imagine it is worth less than that. It's a turnkey trophy winner. What do you all think?? Any and all opinions welcome positive or negative.

I REALLY want to find her a good home. Let me know what you think.

[Modified by robertpel9, 8:34 PM 7/6/2004]
Old 07-06-2004, 08:48 PM
Y2KC5NBM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (robertpel9)

Did I look over the miles? I couldn't find the mileage or year in your post. I found the year of 1991 in your sig., can ya help us out with the mileage?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:57 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (92LT1Auto)

Sorry, it's a 91 vert with 107K

I know that is a lot but you can buy a car with 60k that is gonna need all i have already done The engine is strong as evidenced by the track time and it uses no oil between changes and runs smooth as silk
Old 07-06-2004, 09:26 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (robertpel9)

Pics can be seen here
http://www.forcorvettesonly.com/untitled/corvette.html

Just took them today
Old 07-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Red Tornado
Team Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Robert, I realize you spent a boatload of $$ over the last 1-2 yrs, mostly maintenance/fix-up items (and aesthetics like wheels don't count for much)and while I completely agree that your '91 looks spectacular, I'm still saying that $10k is your price, no matter what. Its the relatively high mileage (while not super high), and that is the key thats causing the $1-2k difference that you're struggling with. I'm sorry, but if you insist on $11k its going to keep sitting in your driveway. In fact $10k is pushing it. I do wish you all the luck you can get, so you can get on with life in the C5 section like you want to

[Modified by bradvette, 10:52 PM 7/6/2004]
Old 07-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (bradvette)

Set up a web page with pictures from every angle. Explain and list everything you know about the car. I did this when I sold my vert, only advertised it here and it sold in a month
Old 07-06-2004, 11:58 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

with bradvette with rexruby. Also list it on http://www.corvettetrader.com
Do you live anywhere near Carlisle? The Mecum auction might be a good place to sell there also.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:06 AM
wildman378
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (corvetteronw)

I personally think the car should see 11-12k since it's a vert....that is if you have stock wheels and all and if it's in atleast 8 out of 10 cond.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:50 AM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (Rex Ruby)

Set up a web page with pictures from every angle. Explain and list everything you know about the car. I did this when I sold my vert, only advertised it here and it sold in a month
I made a webpage for it where all of the pics are:
http://www.forcorvettesonly.com/untitled/corvette.html

I just took those pics last night. I know the higher mileage will hurt but i think the condition should partially make up for it. I also made a thread on the car here in the forum:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=856669

I also listed it on vette hound.

I am looking at starting an ebay auction on sunday for 7 days if i don't have hits by then. Should i give it a few weeks here first. I will come down into anything in the 11's to be honest. But i can't see selling it for less than that.

Please take a look at the pics and let me know what you think
Old 07-07-2004, 08:38 AM
robertpel9
Safety Car

Please take a look at the photos in the link and the info and let me know what you think. I am really trying to come up with the best way to move this car without giving it away. Any and all advice appreciated.

Old 07-07-2004, 08:47 AM
cicch95
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

In being a good friend of Bob's and having spent a lot of time modding this car as well as driving it, I can surely attest that it is a beautiful car. Runs strong and looks good. Car is definately one that you can get it and just go, with no worries. It is in a lot better condition than many cars with half its mileage. That L98 purrs like a kitten. Anyway, this is just an honest, albeit shamless plug for a freind! If you are looking for a C4 vert....take a look at this one, you won't be dissapointed.

Good luck Bob!

-Rick
Old 07-07-2004, 08:55 AM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice (cicch95)

Robert,
I too just purchased a C5 (01 Z06). I ended up getting $ 5,000 trade in on my 93 Coupe with 167,000 miles. It was in great shape. I made a deal with the dealership to pull a lot of the extras off my car when I traded it in (rims, seat covers, etc.). I ran into a guy at CarMax (while looking at a 02 Z06) with a 1990 Coupe with 53,000 miles. CarMax offered him $ 7,000 for it. He had it in the paper for $11.5k and had a couple offers in the $10k's. He decided to keep it in the paper and the next decent offer in the 10's he was going to take. Based on that, I think you should not have a problem getting around $10k for yours with the extras you have in it. That is my $ 0.02.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
robertpel9
Safety Car

car is now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
Old 07-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Perfusion
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope you get the money you're looking for out of it. I'm a firm believer in that there's a buyer for every car at the price the seller's asking (except dealers, that is!). If I wanted a 91 vert, I would buy yours in a SECOND just based on all the repairs you've done. It's my opinion that people fixate too much on mileage, but unfortunately that's just the way it goes.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure," is what I always say. Best of luck with the sale - it looks to be a diamond in the rough.

Get notified of new replies

To Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice

Quick Reply: Have to sell C4 please help with pricing / sales advice