C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

VATS Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Voodoo93
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VATS Problem

Can anyone help me with the location of the VATS module on a 1993 - I have ordered the VATS bypass module from Baker Electronix but the directions are rather lacking... car has been down for two weeeks and I really would like to get her going again. Thanks in advance for any assistance... btw the instructions say to tap into the Fuel enable wire (VATS Signal) or (circuit number 229) usually a dark blue wire at the PCM, typically pin 25 or 30 on the red connector or pin 55 or 70 on the blue connector. The fuel enable can also be found on the BCM's 10 pin blue connector #230 postition E. This data is useless to me without a manual or some generous and knowledgeable forum member.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Voodoo93
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VATS Question

Actually if my VATS is failing, will the VATS bypass get the car back on the road?
Old 07-11-2004, 12:46 AM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I thought my Vats was failing on my `87 coupe. It left me stranded a few times. Long story short, it turned out to be the alternator. It wasan`t keeping the battery fully charged. I replaced both it and the battery, & so far, so good. Starts every time

Ken :flag

Get notified of new replies

To VATS Problem

Quick Reply: VATS Problem