Can't get drivers seat to move!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:04 PM
dzierke
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get drivers seat to move!

This one has got me stumped.

My 86 is having the seats reupholstered and I can't get the power seat on the drivers side to move forward. Thought that the switch in the center counsel was bad so I picked up a used one from a Vett salvage yard and nothing. Does anyone know of a way to manually move the seat up so I can get to the nuts in the back seat track?

Last edited by dzierke; 01-14-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:12 PM
dzierke
Instructor

Is this the correct forum for asking help in getting my seat removed?
Old 01-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Rich Silvestris
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Dan,

The bottom cushion is attached to the shell by a wire loop that sticks out of the shell at the front center, near the floor. Push down on the seat cushion and push the wire loop in. You will then be able to tilt the front edge of the cushion up and pull it out from under the backrest. If the wire is giving you a hard time, use a lever to push it down and in.

You will now find that the seat itself is mounted to the track system with four bolts. If you unbolt the seat from the tracks, you will either be able to get at the track bolts, or find a way to disengage the drive to do so. I don't think the upholsterer needs the tracks anyway, so you should be able to keep them in the car and get them working again while your seats are out.

Good Luck.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:08 AM
JCAIRE2
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rich Silvestris
Dan,

The bottom cushion is attached to the shell by a wire loop that sticks out of the shell at the front center, near the floor. Push down on the seat cushion and push the wire loop in. You will then be able to tilt the front edge of the cushion up and pull it out from under the backrest. If the wire is giving you a hard time, use a lever to push it down and in.

You will now find that the seat itself is mounted to the track system with four bolts. If you unbolt the seat from the tracks, you will either be able to get at the track bolts, or find a way to disengage the drive to do so. I don't think the upholsterer needs the tracks anyway, so you should be able to keep them in the car and get them working again while your seats are out.

Good Luck.

Get notified of new replies

To Can't get drivers seat to move!

Quick Reply: Can't get drivers seat to move!