Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB: ZZ4 distributor

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:52 AM
corvette1990
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTB: ZZ4 distributor

I am looking for a distributor for a ZZ4 crate motor. I sold mine when I put the zz4 in my vette. I am now putting the original motor back in, and need the zz4 with distributor for my other project car. Thanks
chris
Old 07-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Bruce Witherspoon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette1990
I am looking for a distributor for a ZZ4 crate motor. I sold mine when I put the zz4 in my vette. I am now putting the original motor back in, and need the zz4 with distributor for my other project car. Thanks
chris
Which distridutor is that? The original large cap, or the small cap like the f-body small cap? I have one of each?
Old 07-04-2006, 04:50 PM
corvette1990
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruce Witherspoon
Which distridutor is that? The original large cap, or the small cap like the f-body small cap? I have one of each?
I will be using it in a 1968 RS Camaro. I just read that the large cap might interfere with the firewall. So I would be interested in the smaller cap one. I am assuming both have a vacumn advance? Do they have coils in the cap or not? I am also assuming electronic ignition (i.e. no points). I also need a mechanical tach drive for the 1968 Tachometer. Your Wheel stand pictures are great, wish mine would do that.
Chris
Old 07-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Bruce Witherspoon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corvette1990
I will be using it in a 1968 RS Camaro. I just read that the large cap might interfere with the firewall. So I would be interested in the smaller cap one. I am assuming both have a vacumn advance? Do they have coils in the cap or not? I am also assuming electronic ignition (i.e. no points). I also need a mechanical tach drive for the 1968 Tachometer. Your Wheel stand pictures are great, wish mine would do that.
Chris
Chris,
I suggest that you look at this distributor. I think it fits the bill. If you truly need a mechanical tach drive not going to find one in a late model.
http://www.msdignition.com/dist_10.htm

Bruce

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: ZZ4 distributor

Quick Reply: WTB: ZZ4 distributor