Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Paxton SN2000 Supercharger kit for LT1

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Paxton SN2000 Supercharger kit for LT1

I have a Paxton SN2000 Supercharger kit For Sale. I have never run it but its previous owner said it is freshly rebuilt and the pulley shaft feels tight and the pulley turns with the proper amount of resistance for an SN-series supercharger. I have neither a Corvette or a spare LT1 to bolt it up to but I believe all the brackets are there as well as the belt tensioner. I have both discharge elbows from the supercharger to the throttle body and a bunch of silicone boots to connect them. The only crank pulley I have is from a TPI supercharger kit and I am not sure it is the correct depth but it is the correct diameter and for the correct belt. It also has the same bolt pattern as an LT1 balancer so it very well may work. The supercharger is the highest output version of the SN series without stepping up the the race VR4. It uses a nearly silent ball drive and has self-contained lubrication meaning no routing of oil lines or drilling a hole in the oil pan for a return.

I also have the complete "paxta-map" fueler that was originally sold with this kit. It is the same product as the Carroll Supercharging super-fueler as Carroll manufactured these kits for Paxton. It has a plate with three injectors that mounts behind the throttle body. They are fired by an injector driver connected to a 2-bar map sensor. The boost range is divided into 10 sections and the proportion o fuel added per pound of boost is adjustable to make a curve.

I also have a blow-off valve and a matching flange that could be welded into the throttle body elbow as an upgrade since the paxton kits did not originally come with a blow-off valve.

Overall the kit is fairly complete as far as I can tell. Expect to have to buy a few bolts or hose clamps. The only component missing is the air inlet tube from the filter to the supercharger but this should be easily replaced with either aluminum tubing or flexible plastic. The supercharger I would give an overall condition of very good with the brackets having a condition of perfectly functional but used looking.

This kit should run great on a stock or upgraded LT1. From information I have found it should be good for about 7-8 psi in stock form. The Paxta-Map would allow it to be tuned very easily on the street with no tuning software or laptop. Using a wideband oxygen sensor should allow you to get a very good AF curve under boost with minimal effort.

It's hard to say what the value of something like this is but I am going to ask $2000 as that is about half of what any new supercharger kit will cost but I am open to offers . I may be willing to split up the supercharger kit from the paxta-map setup if I have buyers for both. Please contact me via PM if you have any interest. I will try to unpack it and take pictures of it this weekend.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:10 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

If my price is too high don't be afraid to make offers. You won't hurt my feelings. I'll get pictures up tomorrow night or Saturday when I have time to unpack this stuff.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:03 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

Here are some pictures I just took. The head unit is in excellent shape. There is no notchiness at all when turning the pulley. Also the impeller is the "pink" version which as I recall is an upgraded or high output version compared to what most SN's came with stock. Also, I do have the elbow that fits on the inlet to the blower.

Make offers based on what you think its worth. Im open!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:56 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

Any interest at $1500? Come on, low-ball me.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
quiksilver458
Melting Slicks

PM sent for more details
Old 01-21-2010, 07:15 PM
ronniej
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '06

I'm assuming you never received my pm from last week?
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

Sorry. I thought I had my User CP set to send me an email when I get a PM but I didn't. All PMs replied to.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Jeroenvgfn
Intermediate

This easy to put on L98 ?

or does it only fit LT-1
and would you ship to europe ?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

I don't believe the brackets would work on an L98. They mount to the water pump area and to the best of my knowledge the L98 uses a totally different water pump. The supercharger itself and the cast aluminum elbows should work though. I don't know much about shipping to Europe but if you're paying and all I have to do is pack it up and drop it off somewhere I guess I would.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:00 AM
kiidchamp25
1st Gear

hey im interested in buying this supercharger kit.. im new to this whole forum thing. anyway can you email me @ ikebundlez@yahoo.com so we can get it started.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
mechanic58
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Is this still for sale? Please email me at mechanic58@hotmail.com if it is still available...I am looking for one.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 PM
matthimself456
Heel & Toe

Sorry I forgot to update the thread. It has been sold.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Paxton SN2000 Supercharger kit for LT1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Paxton SN2000 Supercharger kit for LT1