Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Air Pump Pulley Delete Kit On Sale **Add 20HP!** ON SALE $129.99

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Default Air Pump Pulley Delete Kit On Sale **Add 20HP!** ON SALE $139.99

Our newest 85-91 performance item will add some "seat of the pants" feel to your C4. Made from lightweight aluminium and using grade 8 bolts, you can easily by pass your air pump reducing substantial engine drag.

Simple bolt on installation, you'll be back on the road quick.

We have a limited qty on hand at this price. These just became available again after being sold out for months. Grab one, at this price its a steal!

ON SALE $139.99

Click here to order:

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...HP_p_5949.html

Last edited by corvettemods1; 02-18-2015 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Have any installation photos
Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

All orders shipped!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Any dyno numbers showing 20 hp gain, not trying to be a pain , but in this world of bolt on power gain promises, it makes ya wonder some times
Old 06-25-2012, 02:42 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Pizzano
Any dyno numbers showing 20 hp gain, not trying to be a pain , but in this world of bolt on power gain promises, it makes ya wonder some times
Our supplier has asked the mfg.

If we get it we will post it
Old 07-08-2012, 12:41 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 220 Likes on 153 Posts

ny install pics, can the a/c still operate with this pulley?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
DHobbs
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Better deal then everywhere else. Looking forward to getting it
Old 07-11-2012, 08:49 AM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by Pizzano
Deleting your spare tire case/tire/jack adds 10 chp. That is going by weight in the 1/4 mile. No it doesn't add motor horsepower but it DOES improve your time which would equate to hp to the motor if you calculated it.

The pump is most likely the same. The pump is naturally free spinning but deleting the weight would add "hp" if you calculated the weight vs no weight. Now actually making motor hp is possible if it's a high performance engine. I'm talking about HEAVILY modded and then the delete pump would be slightly easier to turn according to most websites even though the pump has little drag.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:59 AM
M.J.L.
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11

One last thing. i use this delete pulley. I bought it from another vendor last year. My air pump was NOT free spinning. I had it gutted. The gutting did not help at all. The first one actually locked up idling in my driveway and tore the belt to hell. I got a second rebuilt one from autozone. Put it on their and did not feel it was free flowing like it should be compared to another air pump off a different car. Thats where the hp might equate into as well. The pump wears out, lubrication dries out and gutting it doesn't always help. You risk it locking up while driving. I am being honest. It's a worthwhile modification and yes, this is a good deal. I paid over 150.00 dollars for mine. I love it. It truely cleans up the engine bay and no possibility of it locking up. Autozone was the biggest waste of money on a remanufactured one. Other people have gotten good ones. They were willing to give me another one free but I took it back and got my money back.

The vendor is not offering me anything. I just want to help my corvette brothers and sisters considering this. The pump may or may not add 20 hp but it wont leave you stranded and those damn air pumps squeak like hell even afer you lubricate/gut them.

Plus like I said, it truely cleans everything up. Don't throw away $$$ on a destroyed belt like I did. God knows that was a big pain in the ***. Also, my wishbone that holds the alternator on snapped one time from old age. It's just basic cheap aluminum. Had it welded and 6 months later it snapped again. Air delete gets rid of that issue as well.

Last edited by M.J.L.; 07-11-2012 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Fixed errors/spell check
Old 07-11-2012, 03:25 PM
DHobbs
Racer

Originally Posted by M.J.L.
Deleting your spare tire case/tire/jack adds 10 chp. That is going by weight in the 1/4 mile. No it doesn't add motor horsepower but it DOES improve your time which would equate to hp to the motor if you calculated it.

The pump is most likely the same. The pump is naturally free spinning but deleting the weight would add "hp" if you calculated the weight vs no weight. Now actually making motor hp is possible if it's a high performance engine. I'm talking about HEAVILY modded and then the delete pump would be slightly easier to turn according to most websites even though the pump has little drag.
I believe your talking about parasitic load. Less rotating mass on the crank. But I'm pretty sure when the HP numbers are tested from the factory they test without the accesories so they can get the best numbers. So really from even a factory point of view one of these pullies would be lower HP than factory. But its such a lower number difference it really can't matter.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:12 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by M.J.L.
One last thing. i use this delete pulley. I bought it from another vendor last year. My air pump was NOT free spinning. I had it gutted. The gutting did not help at all. The first one actually locked up idling in my driveway and tore the belt to hell. I got a second rebuilt one from autozone. Put it on their and did not feel it was free flowing like it should be compared to another air pump off a different car. Thats where the hp might equate into as well. The pump wears out, lubrication dries out and gutting it doesn't always help. You risk it locking up while driving. I am being honest. It's a worthwhile modification and yes, this is a good deal. I paid over 150.00 dollars for mine. I love it. It truely cleans up the engine bay and no possibility of it locking up. Autozone was the biggest waste of money on a remanufactured one. Other people have gotten good ones. They were willing to give me another one free but I took it back and got my money back.

The vendor is not offering me anything. I just want to help my corvette brothers and sisters considering this. The pump may or may not add 20 hp but it wont leave you stranded and those damn air pumps squeak like hell even afer you lubricate/gut them.

Plus like I said, it truely cleans everything up. Don't throw away $$$ on a destroyed belt like I did. God knows that was a big pain in the ***. Also, my wishbone that holds the alternator on snapped one time from old age. It's just basic cheap aluminum. Had it welded and 6 months later it snapped again. Air delete gets rid of that issue as well.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 PM
tpi 421 vette
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 67 Posts

The air pump eliminator will make a few hp but not 20hp. I took the serpentine belt completely off a L98 on a dyno, so the crank was driving nothing and it picked up 17 hp and 20ft/lbs. And that was with no belt at all. But if you don't have emissions, it is a nice upgrade that will help clean up the engine, and free up some hp.

Last edited by tpi 421 vette; 07-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:29 AM
ladystoy69
Burning Brakes

Default ttt

was waiting to see if the member that use to make and sell the unique ones was going to be listing more (cant even recall his name atm) but tired of my fugly gutted air pump so i ordered today, will be awaiting its arrival... thanks
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by ladystoy69
was waiting to see if the member that use to make and sell the unique ones was going to be listing more (cant even recall his name atm) but tired of my fugly gutted air pump so i ordered today, will be awaiting its arrival... thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 01:57 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

4 left on the shelf guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Air Pump Pulley Delete Kit On Sale **Add 20HP!** ON SALE $129.99

Old 10-18-2012, 05:11 AM
vettespecial
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

can i use the same belt P/N with this mod? 1990 L98
Old 10-18-2012, 10:11 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by vettespecial
can i use the same belt P/N with this mod? 1990 L98
Usually, you need to get one slightly shorter
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 AM
ddahlgren
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by tpi 421 vette
The air pump eliminator will make a few hp but not 20hp. I took the serpentine belt completely off a L98 on a dyno, so the crank was driving nothing and it picked up 17 hp and 20ft/lbs. And that was with no belt at all. But if you don't have emissions, it is a nice upgrade that will help clean up the engine, and free up some hp.
I would have never guessed the belt could have held onto that much hp to be honest. I would have to think the 2 largest loads would be altenator and water pump. If the AC is not engaged and the clutch not draging that would seem to be close to zero. The power steering must have some as many new cars have electric ones so only use power on demand. The water pump seems like a wash one way or the other mechanical vs. electric if the electric one is sized to cool the engine correctly in all conditions. A lot of the drag race ones scare me a bit as they look more like a fish tank cirulator than a pump that will flow enough water and actually generate water pressure in the block. The altenator will only use what it needs to support the electrical loads plus bearing friction. Playing with some numbers 1 hp is 745 watts and dividing by 13.8 volts that is 54 amps. Not to lose track of either is the belt actually does consume some power on it's own because it flexs and does generate heat. An interesting test would be to put an electric drill on each device and measure the current it takes to spin it just to get an idea how much each uses.

Quick Reply: Air Pump Pulley Delete Kit On Sale **Add 20HP!** ON SALE $129.99