Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

90's zR1 rims and tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
big_dan04
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90's zR1 rims and tires

I bought a z28 Camaro a while back and put c6 rims on it. The car has chrome mid 90's rims on it. I know that these are rare and would prefer that someone who needs them for their Vette would appreciate more than someone on Craigslist buying them for whatever they will fit on. I am located in Austin Texas and am looking for a local sale if possible. I will ship the set but I am not sure if it will be cost effective for the buyer. I am fully aware of the value of the rims and tires and am wanting $1,000 for them. The rims do not have curb rash and the tires look to be brand new with full tread. They are 17" wheels. Let me know if you would like to know more.

P.S. I just joined today to put these on here. I am real, I do live in Austin and I own a Camaro not a Corvette,... yet. They are not exactly affordable on a student budget. Rims are on the car in profile picture.

Last edited by big_dan04; 07-11-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:00 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Originally Posted by big_dan04
I bought a z28 Camaro a while back and put c6 rims on it. The car has chrome mid 90's rims on it. I know that these are rare and would prefer that someone who needs them for their Vette would appreciate more than someone on Craigslist buying them for whatever they will fit on. I am located in Austin Texas and am looking for a local sale if possible. I will ship the set but I am not sure if it will be cost effective for the buyer. I am fully aware of the value of the rims and tires and am taking offers for them. The rims do not have curb rash and the tires look to be brand new with full tread. They are 17" wheels. Let me know if you would like to know more.

P.S. I just joined today to put these on here. I am real, I do live in Austin and I own a Camaro not a Corvette,... yet. They are not exactly affordable on a student budget. Rims are on the car in profile picture.
You'll need to ID these wheels before they'll sell "anywhere"! I'd suggest you pull them off and get all of the casting information from the wheels back-side, post that and some snap-shots. You could actually have a Camaro wheel that's been chromed and only 9" OR you could have a mix of other possibilities both in width and offsets if they had Corvette applications. Tire brands and sizes would help!

To avoid the thread being "locked" you'll also need to post an asking price. An "OFFER" won't cut it!

You've lots to do - "git after it"!!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 PM
big_dan04
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Wvzr1!

I am having one heck of a time loading pictures on to this forum. I found the code. It is 9592880 on the fronts. The back tires and rims are still on the car at my mechanic's shop. I will verify their authenticity when I am at the shop later this week, but I assume them to be the same. The rims also show 17x95J 50 which I assume means a 50mm offset. Again, these are the fronts. I know that the backs are wider and I believe that they are 11" wide. I will also verify back tire information when I am at the shop. From what I have seen on this forum the 9592880 code is in fact the zr1 rim code and that they did use some of them on the Camaro. However, the wider rears on the Camaro were not used by Chevrolet for the Camaro. The wide rims only came on the corvette. Either way, it is an OEM Corvette set of rims and if anyone can tell me how to put the pictures up I will gladly do it. I have pictures of the tires too! They are Nexen 275/40/17 directionals and seriously look like they have 95% tread left. Wvzr1, can you explain how to post the pictures on here? I have tried everything and even rewritten this thing 3 times now. Ha! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Those 2 wheels are Camaro OE wheels 9.0" -50 mm offset. They can be used on C4 but weren't ever original. These wheels likely have a GM visible on the face of the wheel.

You're half way there!

Get notified of new replies

To 90's zR1 rims and tires

Quick Reply: 90's zR1 rims and tires