Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

383 stroker motor with TPI setup.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:42 PM
IDTag
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 383 stroker motor with TPI setup.

MOTOR IS SOLD!

UPDATE 11/12 - Dropping the price for the motor to $3800. It's been a slow year so need to move it in order to get another car. If I don't get any interest I'll start parting it out sometime next month.

Giving up on the C4 and moving on. Only the parts listed are currently for sale. Once the motor sells I'll part out the rest of the car.

383 stroker, have receipt for the long block with all new components listed. Invoice was just under $7500 without any induction system, close to $10000 total. Was built by a well established shop in Boise.

SCAT rotating assembly, forged pistons, CompCams roller cam with retrofit lifters, roller rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads (ported and polished), Canton pan and HV oil pump, Edelbrock Performer water pump. TPIS Bigmouth intake, SLP runners and ported plenum, BBK 58mm throttle body. Bosch III Blue Demon injectors from Fuel Injector Connection and adjustable FPR. TPIS headers are not included with the motor, will be listed later.

Will include the ECM with the motor. It's a 165 and was dyno tuned for this specific motor.

Engine currently has about 750 miles on it, need to get $4800.

Last edited by IDTag; 11-22-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Revise price
Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM
IDTag
Advanced

Ttt
Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Know someone who may be interested send me a pm pls

Whats the PN on the heads?
Any shots of work done to them?
Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Dr.DoomsTPI
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested and have questions - PM sent

Last edited by Dr.DoomsTPI; 11-14-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:15 PM
IDTag
Advanced

The heads are a 60909 so the 64cc chamber. I guess they don't call them RPM heads.

Here's a link with more pics and copies of the invoice for the long block build. All the part numbers and a list of the machine work is on there.

http://s764.photobucket.com/user/tod...?sort=3&page=1

I don't have any pictures of the runners in the heads. Did have some but they went away when my hard drive bit the dust a while back.

As far as other items:

Custom ZR1 exhaust $100. I cut out the resonator and replaced it with 2.75" straight pipe with an H crossover. Stock mufflers.

TPIS headers $450. These were brand new as well. Ceramic coated and they're slip fit collectors. I didn't want to weld a flange on them. I'll throw in the band clamps as well and a full set of Stage 8 locking header bolts, $450.

Pair of Hankook Ventus C71 $250. Soft compound track tires mounted on stock rims, 255/50-16. Picked them up from Tire Rack. They were heat cycled, mounted, balanced but never got to run them.

I'm out of town right now but will be adding more to the list when we get home.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Dr.DoomsTPI
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd is a great guy - Passed on deal as I went a different direction on my C4 unfortunately. BUMP
Old 11-19-2014, 09:21 PM
IDTag
Advanced

Yeah just when I was getting ready to offer you a great deal on it!
Old 11-20-2014, 11:45 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Hey Todd, thanks for posting a pic of your dyno for your setup. I also have a 383 with a HOGGED out SLP intake. I'm curious what cam you've got in that...and how much you ported the RUNNERS of your SLP intake? (Cam orientation would be helpful too...if you know it. 4-deg adv, straight-up, etc...)

Basically, I'm interested in comparing your dyno to my results. We both have 383 Scat bottom ends.

EDIT: I found a pic of your cam card on your Photobucket site. Is that what's in the motor? Also, the SLP runners look unported (natural) by the pics. Did you run that superram, pictured on your photobucket, for comparison?

Last edited by GREGGPENN; 11-20-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:43 PM
IDTag
Advanced

The intake and runners are stock, they were just port matched by the PO and the plenum end was siamesed a bit. The intake ports are actually a little bigger than the ports in the heads but I didn't want to grind on the heads. Figured I'd run it, check the numbers and then try a miniram or the Proflo XT later to compare. Never got that far though.

That is the cam that's in the motor. It was a custom grind from the builder just for low to mid range torque. It did hold HP right up to redline though. Almost a flat line.

Never did run the Superram. Another great idea that got sidelined.

The motor was very streetable, little lope at idle but everything comes on just off idle.

Ultimately with a new trans and the suspension work it was going to be too expensive to make the car competitive.

Get notified of new replies

To 383 stroker motor with TPI setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 383 stroker motor with TPI setup.