Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTB front upper A-arms 96

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Elrick
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default WTB front upper A-arms 96

I am looking for a pair of upper control arms for an LT4. It would be great if they already have had poly bushings installed. Mine are squeaky as hell and a bit worn out and it looks a bit complicated to replace them. If there is anyone out there who knows how to replace them and wants to make some money I could ship them to you along with the bushings and pay you to do it. also, if anyone has the poly urethane bushings for sale I would be interested in buying those but I only want the ones for the front control arms not the whole set which is how all the companies sell them. Thanks
Old 12-21-2014, 05:41 PM
0Northern Corvette
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a couple 96s I'm parting and have whatever you need. Rack and upper arms. Can probably install poly bushing in upper arms also. Let me know
Old 12-22-2014, 02:25 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by Elrick
I am looking for a pair of upper control arms for an LT4. It would be great if they already have had poly bushings installed. Mine are squeaky as hell and a bit worn out and it looks a bit complicated to replace them. If there is anyone out there who knows how to replace them and wants to make some money I could ship them to you along with the bushings and pay you to do it. also, if anyone has the poly urethane bushings for sale I would be interested in buying those but I only want the ones for the front control arms not the whole set which is how all the companies sell them. Thanks

Not true. Energy Suspension sells a front control arm bushing kit. You can find them several places including anything from their website to eBay.

P-S-T also sells them (which appears to be a reseller of Energy Suspension graphite bushings...the blacks ones.)
Old 12-25-2014, 06:20 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Elrick
Take the arms and poly bushings to a local shop with a press.

I take my parts like that to a transmision shop in town.

They should charge you $25

Btw: polyurethane is 90s technology

People do del-rin now! You can get del-alum bushings which are better than poly
Old 12-26-2014, 03:24 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by dizwiz24
Btw: polyurethane is 90s technology

People do del-rin now! You can get del-alum bushings which are better than poly
Of course, they have zero fore/aft deflection which means feeling maximum "feedback". I would say there are very few people posting that they installed del-a-lum bushings. Probably for this reason. I was certainly talked out of that option...and went with poly.

Would be interesting to see what these solid bushing ride like. Bet I never find out. Probably because so few have them installed! :-)
Old 12-28-2014, 11:45 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 560 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN
Of course, they have zero fore/aft deflection which means feeling maximum "feedback". I would say there are very few people posting that they installed del-a-lum bushings. Probably for this reason. I was certainly talked out of that option...and went with poly.

Would be interesting to see what these solid bushing ride like. Bet I never find out. Probably because so few have them installed! :-)
Rides great on the street because it forces the spring/shock to do their job vs. Getting some of the road forces not dampened by the bushing and transmitted thru the mount/frame

Get notified of new replies

To WTB front upper A-arms 96

Quick Reply: WTB front upper A-arms 96