Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Black C4 Convertible hardtop

Old 04-22-2015, 09:53 AM
triplblk91conv
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Black C4 Convertible hardtop

Saw this on local CL, haven't looked at it and have no affiliation.
Seems like a good deal. Located in WI. Hardtop and all the mounting
hardware priced at $599. Probably negotiable.

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/pts/4990206970.html

Dan
Old 04-23-2015, 04:21 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That top is mine, probably not negotiable. It is a clean top though.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:26 AM
Blown383C4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

If I drove my vette to pick up the top would we be able to transfer the hardware to my car? I already have the windshield parts installed. Would just the parts on the deck lid. Coming from Chicago area.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:18 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Blown383C4
If I drove my vette to pick up the top would we be able to transfer the hardware to my car? I already have the windshield parts installed. Would just the parts on the deck lid. Coming from Chicago area.
I'm not sure I understand. You have a convertible, correct? If you do you have the 2 holes already in the rear deck along with the metal upright supports on both sides near the top of the seat belts. Those plates are where the hardware mounts to. The front is held on by the bolts that stay in the windshield frame as they are the same front bolts as the targa top front mount bolts.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:50 PM
Blown383C4
Racer

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by hippy
I'm not sure I understand. You have a convertible, correct? If you do you have the 2 holes already in the rear deck along with the metal upright supports on both sides near the top of the seat belts. Those plates are where the hardware mounts to. The front is held on by the bolts that stay in the windshield frame as they are the same front bolts as the targa top front mount bolts.
Mine is an 88 so I definitely do not have the pillar mounts. The guy that owned it before said he a hard top on it in the past. The windshield part has been converted but I do not know about the two holes in the back. I will check tomorrow morning and get back to you.

Why are you selling? Is it in good shape?
Old 04-25-2015, 11:26 AM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Mine is an 88 so I definitely do not have the pillar mounts. The guy that owned it before said he a hard top on it in the past. The windshield part has been converted but I do not know about the two holes in the back. I will check tomorrow morning and get back to you.

Why are you selling? Is it in good shape?
Why was your windshield converted? It has from the factory the bolts in there to screw into the hardtop. The bolts aren't used for your soft top but are never the less there from the factory. You have the 2 holes in the rear deck lid for your soft top to snap into when putting your top up. I don't know why you WOULDN'T have the pillar mounts in the back. My car has them, and I believe all convertibles were made the same. They don't look like much just some holes in the metal "beams" that have threads to accept the mounting bolts for the removable hardware.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Blown383C4
Racer

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by hippy
Why was your windshield converted? It has from the factory the bolts in there to screw into the hardtop. The bolts aren't used for your soft top but are never the less there from the factory. You have the 2 holes in the rear deck lid for your soft top to snap into when putting your top up. I don't know why you WOULDN'T have the pillar mounts in the back. My car has them, and I believe all convertibles were made the same. They don't look like much just some holes in the metal "beams" that have threads to accept the mounting bolts for the removable hardware.
The hardtop option didn't start until 89.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:38 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

I guess I had no idea it didn't start until then. So to answer your question, I have no idea if you have what is needed to mount the hard top to your car.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:31 PM
beerme
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While the option didn't start till 1989, I have been told by Corvette Shop of Tampa, the hard top will go right on and 87. Since I haven't bought a hard top I cannot verify, but I cannot fathom why the corvette shop would lie since if I bought the top I would expect it to go on my 87.

Best of luck...
Old 05-04-2015, 10:39 PM
hippy
Le Mans Master

Sold.

Get notified of new replies

To Black C4 Convertible hardtop

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black C4 Convertible hardtop