Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

wtb 90 aluminum cyl heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 06:29 PM
Drautotech
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtb 90 aluminum cyl heads

Hello,
Anyone know where I can pick up a set of remanufactured or
good used heads. casting number 10088113.
machine shop says mine are cracked, can't be repaired
Thanks,
Dave C
Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 PM
bassackwards
Pro

Now is the perfect time to upgrade
Old 06-12-2015, 06:55 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a really nice set you can bolt on and go. They need nothing but a car to put them on.

$400 shipped
Old 06-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Drautotech
Advanced

Originally Posted by cadmaniac
I have a really nice set you can bolt on and go. They need nothing but a car to put them on.

$400 shipped
Hey what year did they come off of? What's the cc, stock or after market? Can I use stock intake manifold?! Please need some more info
Old 06-14-2015, 07:56 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

They are off of a 1990 corvette. They are bone stock, and in great shape. Message me with your email address and I'll send you pictures. They're in my tool shed. I even have some head gaskets if you like.

Everything should go together well for your application. I bought a 1990 corvette a while back and it had a re-manufactured engine. I used them on an engine for a few months but ended selling the engine. I kept the heads thinking I might use them, but never have.

The only thing that needs attention is the plug on the passenger head needs to be drilled and tapped if you need it for the water temperature sender. It has a plug from the factory. I was going to relocate the sending unit from the intake to the head, but couldn't because the plug is frozen in place. I will fix it if you like before shipped.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Drautotech
Advanced

Default Cylinder heads

They are off of a 1990 corvette. They are bone stock, and in great shape. Message me with your email address and I'll send you pictures. They're in my tool shed. I even have some head gaskets if you like.

Everything should go together well for your application. I bought a 1990 corvette a while back and it had a re-manufactured engine. I used them on an engine for a few months but ended selling the engine. I kept the heads thinking I might use them, but never have.

The only thing that needs attention is the plug on the passenger head needs to be drilled and tapped if you need it for the water temperature sender. It has a plug from the factory. I was going to relocate the sending unit from the intake to the head, but couldn't because the plug is frozen in place. I will fix it if you like before shipped.
My E-mail address is Drautotec@aol.com
I would love some pics if you don't mind.
My only concern is if they are starting to develop some cracks.
which you are not aware of. I would like to go aftermarket but
there are too many variables to deal with. ie. change of manifolds,
runners, egr issues etc. One remanufacturer suggested cast iron.
They can be had for $460.00with the correct cc's. I would like to go stock though.
Thanks,
Dave C
Old 06-17-2015, 07:14 AM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

It takes a while for Messages to come to me for some reason...

Cylinder heads should never crack. They usually crack because of extreme overheating of the engine, or an abrupt change in temperature. My point being they rarely "develop cracks" over time as you seem to suggest.

Be sure to address the cause of the problem that caused the cylinder heads to crack before replacing them. Something as simple as a bad thermostat, to possibly a bad water pump could have caused your problem. Also, overtorquing cylinder heads and/or out of sequence might cause cracking or gasket failure.

I got your email, and I'll get you pics later today.

Also, if you buy the correct cylinder heads, they should interchange perfectly as well. The angle of the 2 middle bolts on the intake is your main concern when selecting your heads. I did change intakes though when I did mine.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:21 PM
RR68
Advanced

If you can't come to an agreement on these heads, I am getting ready to upgrade to AFR'S on my 1990. 60k miles engine is still together so if you're close to MD you can come see them running on the car if you like.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:12 PM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Won't hurt my feelings you he goes for that. As long as they are good heads, they're all the same performance wise. I just saw the post and remembered I had them.

I was just trying to help a guy out.

Just a thought. If you try to go with 1.6 rockers, make sure you get narrow self aligning rocker arms, or s/a roller tip rockers. The guide plates don't work for rocker alignment on these heads and they will have problems..at least I did. I have comp. cams 1.6 roller tip rockers and that work well, but I also have tall perimeter bolt valve covers.

Let's hope he can get a(head) of the game with these choices! (pun intended)
Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Drautotech
Advanced

It takes a while for Messages to come to me for some reason...

Cylinder heads should never crack. They usually crack because of extreme overheating of the engine, or an abrupt change in temperature. My point being they rarely "develop cracks" over time as you seem to suggest.

Be sure to address the cause of the problem that caused the cylinder heads to crack before replacing them. Something as simple as a bad thermostat, to possibly a bad water pump could have caused your problem. Also, overtorquing cylinder heads and/or out of sequence might cause cracking or gasket failure.

I got your email, and I'll get you pics later today.

Also, if you buy the correct cylinder heads, they should interchange perfectly as well. The angle of the 2 middle bolts on the intake is your main concern when selecting your heads. I did change intakes though when I did mine.
pm sent
Old 04-05-2016, 01:42 PM
NOMOREWORK
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Just wondering if you ever sold cylinder heads ?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:41 PM
cadmaniac
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NOMOREWORK
Just wondering if you ever sold cylinder heads ?
Sorry, I sold them a long time ago.
The following users liked this post:
NOMOREWORK (04-06-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To wtb 90 aluminum cyl heads

Quick Reply: wtb 90 aluminum cyl heads