Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

FS: Air to Water Intercooler Kit

Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Default FS: Air to Water Intercooler Kit

I bought this kit from FrozenBoost.com and included the optional cobra pump, type 101 heat exchanger, installation kit (water lines and fittings), and remote fill cap. The setup is supposed to be good for 1200 HP. I have mocked up the air/water intercooler several different ways, so there are minor scratches that can all be polished out. The rest of the parts are as received new. It cost me $637.95 plus shipping. I'd sell for $500 plus shipping. I decided to go with methonal injection.

The following is direct from their website:

Including a double-wide, ultra high performance water to air intercooler core, a pump, and a radiator (heat exchanger) with dual fans custom designed for water to air intercooler applications, this kit offers extraordinary value.

The Intercooler Core

100% Lightweight aluminum, No Epoxy Used In Core

Recommended for over 1500 CFM
Pressure Drop: Less than 0.2 PSI. This is not a typo! Liquid/Air Intercoolers have incredibly low pressure drop.
Inlet: 3.5" Outlet: 3.5"
Core Size: 10"x9"x4.5" (Endtanks add to length)
Maximum water pressure: 70 PSI
This intercooler has the inlet and outlet on the SAME SIDE.

The Fans
These fans include the mounting kit shown, which is used to secure the fan directly to the radiator through the fins with no additional mounting components.

Why are our universal fans superior to other similar products on the market?

•Unlike some of the universal fans out there, the blades on our fans are easily reversible, not just the motor. This means you get the superior flow of a curved-blade design with the versatility of a push/pull reversible fan.
•Unlike some of the universal fans out there, our fans include the mounting feet and ALSO come with through-radiator mounting kits that sell for $5-$7 at most auto parts stores.
•Unlike some of the universal fans out there, our fans are only 2.5" deep at the deepest point, making them ideal for installations in cramped areas.

The Radiator

These radiators are designed specifically for use in water to air intercooler applications.

•Only one inch thick, they cool water as close to ambient temperature as possible and are easy to mount in tight locations.
•With eight strategically placed mounting points, they are easily mountable with the water inlet and outlet on either the left or the right.
•All aluminum construction provides maximum cooling with water or antifreeze/coolant.
•Water inlet and outlet are 1/2" NPT female threads.
•These radiators feature a fill/pressure cap on top and a drain plug on the bottom for incredible installation flexibility.
•In case you wish to include a water temperature gauge in your installation, these radiators feature a 1/8-27 NPT tap for a temperature sending unit. They ship with a plug installed in case you do not wish to use this feature.
An excellent match for the intercooler core.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.frozenboost.com/liquid-ai...er-p-1007.html
Old 06-19-2015, 10:51 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

bump it up....
Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

bump it up
Old 12-19-2015, 11:43 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LTxDave
bump it up
Bump it up. I have a bracket that I built that bolts in the rear where the spare tire carrier goes. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:01 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Bump it up. I have a bracket that I built that bolts in the rear where the spare tire carrier goes. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Bottom view

Cobra pump
Old 12-23-2015, 09:01 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Bottom view

Cobra pump
Does the kit include their ice box reservoir? Please post or PM me more details and pics, especially mounting location/position of the unit between the supercharger and throttle body. I'm becoming interested...
Old 12-23-2015, 10:22 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

More pics....will get photos of the intercooler this weekend. Honestly, I'm leaning toward giving this one more try to get completed. I cut more of the radiator shroud and I think I have all the clearance issues solved.

Top of bracket with fans

Rear view

Rear view

Rear view

Driver view

Passenger view

Clearance to batwing

Last edited by LTxDave; 12-23-2015 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:12 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

[QUOTE=LTxDave;1591177196]More pics....will get photos of the intercooler this weekend. Honestly, I'm leaning toward giving this one more try to get completed. I cut more of the radiator shroud and I think I have all the clearance issues solved.

Looking good. You didn't say, does it have the optional ice box? Can't wait to see the pics of the engine compartment stuff. So this is on the white car? Wasn't that car for sale a while back?
Old 12-23-2015, 11:53 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Sorry, I forgot to answer that question. It does not have the ice reservoir. I was / am building the combo as a toy more than anything else.

Yes, I tried to sell it a while back but didn't have any luck. I ended up selling my GS instead. If I could sell it today and start over, I probably would. But that isn't likely to happen.

When I bumped this up the other day, I was considering selling all the blower stuff and going back NA. But I think I would spend more time doing that than just finishing this build.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:11 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Sorry, I forgot to answer that question. It does not have the ice reservoir. I was / am building the combo as a toy more than anything else.

Yes, I tried to sell it a while back but didn't have any luck. I ended up selling my GS instead. If I could sell it today and start over, I probably would. But that isn't likely to happen.

When I bumped this up the other day, I was considering selling all the blower stuff and going back NA. But I think I would spend more time doing that than just finishing this build.
Well keep me posted, good luck with the never ending project...
Old 12-25-2015, 09:22 PM
dizwiz24
Race Director

Received 559 Likes on 436 Posts

I have a boosted car (blowerworks meth/water inj) and am curious how this works.

It has 2? Heat exchangers one to cool the liquid (with help of fan) and another that sits inside the blower intake ducting (to cool the compressed air?) ???
Old 12-25-2015, 09:54 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

That's it.
You can also add a reservoir and pack it with ice to get lower than ambient air temps if you want that extra boost for a race.

I'll take some photos of the intercooler and explain the setup a little more this weekend.

Last edited by LTxDave; 12-25-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:59 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Ok, I was able to get the front half of the system mostly mached up. I will need to build a pan that will go under the intercooler and finish the hard lines from front to rear. The hard lines run down between the radiator and ac condenser and the along the pinch weld section of the frame rails. Then into the rockers, over the rear wheel wells and to the radiator in the rear. Its run with 5/8"aluminum tubing. I guess I need to post this in another thread, right now the intercooler kit is off the market. Pics below:

Say something about this photo

Old 01-12-2016, 03:00 AM
luckydekko
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, I was able to get the front half of the system mostly mached up. I will need to build a pan that will go under the intercooler and finish the hard lines from front to rear. The hard lines run down between the radiator and ac condenser and the along the pinch weld section of the frame rails. Then into the rockers, over the rear wheel wells and to the radiator in the rear. Its run with 5/8"aluminum tubing. I guess I need to post this in another thread, right now the intercooler kit is off the market. Pics below:

Here's what I was going to do a while back. Never thought it through but now I have went another route that I will post soon.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

OK, intercooler kit is back on the market. I will add the pan I bent up to go under the intercooler and reposition the AC condensor as well as a already cut top radiator shroud for a full price offer.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:26 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

OK, intercooler kit is back on the market. I will add the pan I bent up to go under the intercooler and reposition the AC condensor as well as a already cut top radiator shroud for a full price offer.
You have a PM.
Can you give more details or pics on the lines from front to back, and their routing?
Old 09-13-2016, 10:16 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

SOLD, Thanks POLOVETTE 94!!

Get notified of new replies

To FS: Air to Water Intercooler Kit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Air to Water Intercooler Kit