Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

'81 Corvette Help finding rear window trim

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Dinovette11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '81 Corvette Help finding rear window trim

HI
I'm a new Corvette owner and new to the forum. I recently bought my first Corvette.
It's a 1981 black (with camel interior). I have a few little things to do to it to bring it to the show condition. I am not happy with the "frame" "trim" of the rear window but all my searching online I can not find where to buy a new rear window trim (if that's what its called?) I see the corner bits for sale in some places but no place can I seem to find the complete rear window trim/frame. Maybe I don't know the correct term to search but I see rear window trim for other corvettes just not the '81.
Mine was black but the stainless steel or "silver" is showing through I understand that the '81 came with a black trim I really would like a "silver" trim if they are sold, if not then a new black one. Can anyone tell me where I can find them online?
Thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2015, 04:02 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

You posted this in the C4 forum. You need to go to the C3 forum to get your answers.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:28 PM
Dinovette11
Intermediate

Default uppsss thanks

[QUOTE=c4cruiser;1590963957]You posted this in the C4 forum. You need to go to the C3 forum to get your answers. [/QUOTE

uppss thanks I am new to this...
Old 11-25-2015, 03:36 PM
softwarejanitor
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=Dinovette11;1590966810]
Originally Posted by c4cruiser
You posted this in the C4 forum. You need to go to the C3 forum to get your answers. [/QUOTE

uppss thanks I am new to this...
The trim was silver on some other years so you can get a silver one if you want. It won't be "correct" for your car though, if you care about that. What I'd recommend is to mask it off and re-spray it with some flat black Dupli-Color. Unless you need to remove your rear glass for some reason I would not recommend tampering with it or the trim ring because if it ain't leakin', in my opinion, don't mess with it.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:08 AM
Dinovette11
Intermediate

[QUOTE=softwarejanitor;1590978882]
Originally Posted by Dinovette11

The trim was silver on some other years so you can get a silver one if you want. It won't be "correct" for your car though, if you care about that. What I'd recommend is to mask it off and re-spray it with some flat black Dupli-Color. Unless you need to remove your rear glass for some reason I would not recommend tampering with it or the trim ring because if it ain't leakin', in my opinion, don't mess with it.

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know where I could get a silver one if I decide to do that in the end, or what year/s was silver?

Good to know what you said about not tampering with it if I don't NEED to for other reasons. It helps me to know that if its not leaking its not worth playing with it.

Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To '81 Corvette Help finding rear window trim

Quick Reply: '81 Corvette Help finding rear window trim