Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

door panels 1996

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 10:49 AM
joebuckSR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default door panels 1996

hey is there anybody that can repair door panels for my 96/95 corvettes the ribs in the back crack (poor quality) any solutions other than 500 per side have plenty that needs repair help
Old 11-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by joebuckSR
hey is there anybody that can repair door panels for my 96/95 corvettes the ribs in the back crack (poor quality) any solutions other than 500 per side have plenty that needs repair help
yes, fairly easy repair.

take the door panels off and you'll likely notice that the plastic part at the top has cracked ribs.

get some tie down straps and a thin piece of wood and put them so you tension the top of the door panel to pull the plastic pieces together

take a whole bunch of CA (crazy glue) and some fiberglass fine mesh repair cloth and glue the ribs back together and tack glue the fiberglass cloth down around the broken ribs in some strips

now take the fiberglass resin and coat the cloth and let it dry.

I did this with my 95 door panels on the ZR-1 and it worked great!!!
Old 11-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
yes, fairly easy repair.

take the door panels off and you'll likely notice that the plastic part at the top has cracked ribs.

get some tie down straps and a thin piece of wood and put them so you tension the top of the door panel to pull the plastic pieces together

take a whole bunch of CA (crazy glue) and some fiberglass fine mesh repair cloth and glue the ribs back together and tack glue the fiberglass cloth down around the broken ribs in some strips

now take the fiberglass resin and coat the cloth and let it dry.

I did this with my 95 door panels on the ZR-1 and it worked great!!!
also if you have black door panels I'll be selling a set cheap very soon.

I am upgrading the interior to the red/black door panels and will have my 95 black panels for sale.

Get notified of new replies

To door panels 1996

Quick Reply: door panels 1996