Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

C4 body parts wanted

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Earendil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 body parts wanted

Hello,

I had quite a nasty incident with our 40 Anniversary c4.
(some pictures at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w4x2p5vuk...EMmvQPQZa?dl=0 )

There is no mechanical damage to the car, but some body panels and windshield, etc are wanted.. and given that I am in Bulgaria - this further complicates things.

Now, I do have a cousin in LA, who can purchase all and ship it to me, however he does not have the time to look for the parts needed.
So I am thinking if you can direct me to vendors or web sites I can use, so I can make selection, agree to price and just give him the info what from where he needs to buy.

Is it best to just ebay the things to him.. or maybe I could get a decent discount if some vendor has it all..

I would really appreciate a scheme of some sort of the panels/fenders, so I do not mixe them up due to being not native english speaker.

Overall, what I need is:

LH Inner wheelhouse fender (the one attached to the hood)
LH headlight
LH side fender ( have it in two peaces - can it be glued somehow?)
LH Mirrow
LH External door panel
LH door window

RH inner fender - forward section (the one just behind the washer fluid reservoir)

Washer fluid reservoir
Front windshield

Rear glass (trunk).

Complete wheatherstrip set

Rear tie rod? - See pictures.

Are these parts interchangeable with all c4 corvettes '84-96 ?
Old 02-12-2016, 08:03 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

A "RUBY ZR-1" at that. That's very unfortunate. Given your location some things aren't going to ship well. Some of your requests seem to be for the wrong parts, The snapshot of the door isn't very good but the door is ZR-1 specific so that creates an issue.

Were it me I'd contact Sam a user here on the CF. He's not close but in Switzerland and has contacts and a tremendous list of acquaintances. There maybe better solutions. He's also a very good LT5 technician and C4 maintenance person.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...m-ch-zr-1.html

I'll try to sort through your list a little later in the day and comment further.

Contact SAM - 1st thing I'd do.
Old 02-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Earendil
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
A "RUBY ZR-1" at that. That's very unfortunate. Given your location some things aren't going to ship well. Some of your requests seem to be for the wrong parts, The snapshot of the door isn't very good but the door is ZR-1 specific so that creates an issue.

Were it me I'd contact Sam a user here on the CF. He's not close but in Switzerland and has contacts and a tremendous list of acquaintances. There maybe better solutions. He's also a very good LT5 technician and C4 maintenance person.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...m-ch-zr-1.html

I'll try to sort through your list a little later in the day and comment further.

Contact SAM - 1st thing I'd do.

Thanks a lot for the input.

Today I found a guy in BG who claims can repair the hood and the door. I do not know if that's possible with these fiber parts, but if that checks out, the major remaining things with difficult delivery will be the glass parts - (windshield, back and side ).

Considering the nasty overhead roll-over both I and the car fared quite well
Old 02-12-2016, 09:16 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Earendil
Thanks a lot for the input.

Today I found a guy in BG who claims can repair the hood and the door. I do not know if that's possible with these fiber parts, but if that checks out, the major remaining things with difficult delivery will be the glass parts - (windshield, back and side ).

Considering the nasty overhead roll-over both I and the car fared quite well
The repair of the hood and door certainly appears to be "not a problem". The shop only needs to be familiar with SMC composition panels. SMC is "important". VERY!

The door glass you want to be '91+ so that it matches the RH side in tint etc.

The windshield (ZR-1 specific) hasn't been available for years and you'll need to settle for a C4 windshield, that isn't a problem. You need a w/strip and it appears 2 moldings for sure.

You didn't mention the top so you apparently have the colored top still. You want to do the collision repair to the windshield pillar using the painted for fitting.

The rear glass has a multiple choice for service, if you could locate an '86 through '90 conventional C4 rear glass or through '95 ZR-1 it's a "direct fit", you could use later and just have to remove the upper molding and CHMSL. Is yours damaged? An '86 - '90 "local" maybe.

Contact SAM - 1st
Old 02-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Earendil
Intermediate

You didn't mention the top so you apparently have the colored top still. You want to do the collision repair to the windshield pillar using the painted for fitting.
Indeed, I have the painted top. So we'll use it and the front glass to repair the LH pillar.

The rear glass has a multiple choice for service, if you could locate an '86 through '90 conventional C4 rear glass or through '95 ZR-1 it's a "direct fit", you could use later and just have to remove the upper molding and CHMSL. Is yours damaged? An '86 - '90 "local" maybe.
Just to clarify (language barrier ):
- '86-'90 c4 - direct fit?
- '90-'95 ZR1 - fits just the glass?
I think the CHMSL is OK. The overhead beam has sunk a bit at the left side. I guess it is a metal under the plastic and can be straightened, right?

Contact SAM - 1st
I did! Hopefully we can find glass parts from the EU. I was contacted by forum members, but transporting the rear glass from the US might be tricky..

I do not have unlimited budget, but I think it is well worth to repair rather than leave behind..

Thanks again, you have been very helpful
Old 02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the rear tie rod whole assembly From a ZR-1

$100

I might have the LH headlight.

Let me check on that.

Sorry your car got banged up.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:52 PM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Earendil

Just to clarify (language barrier ):
- '86-'90 c4 - direct fit?
- '90-'95 ZR1 - fits just the glass?
I think the CHMSL is OK. The overhead beam has sunk a bit at the left side. I guess it is a metal under the plastic and can be straightened, right?

I do not have unlimited budget, but I think it is well worth to repair rather than leave behind..

Thanks again, you have been very helpful
'86 - '90 base C4 and the '90 - '95 ZR-1 use the same CHMSL. Rear glass from either would be a "bolt-on".

Do you have room for another car?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
'86 - '90 base C4 and the '90 - '95 ZR-1 use the same CHMSL. Rear glass from either would be a "bolt-on".

Do you have room for another car?
I;m located near la AND SHIP AROUND THE WORLD. yOU'RE IN LUCK I HAVE A 1993 rUBY zr 1 PLEASE EMAIL FOR MORE INFO.

sHAWN@CORVETTENUTZ.COM

sPARKY
Old 02-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Default zR1

Originally Posted by Fauxari08
I;m located near la AND SHIP AROUND THE WORLD. yOU'RE IN LUCK I HAVE A 1993 rUBY zr 1 PLEASE EMAIL FOR MORE INFO.

sHAWN@CORVETTENUTZ.COM

sPARKY
tHIS IS NUMBER vIN 00075 OFF LINE WITH WINSHEILD. IT'S A TRUE RUBY WITH CLEAN TITLE WILL SHIP ENTIRE CAR BEEN SAVING IT FOR THIS REASON. PLEASE ASK AROUND zR ! REGISTRY FOR REFERENCES ON MY COMPANY . CORVETTENUTZ. I HAVE A VIDEO ONLINE TOO.

I HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED EVEN A HOOD I CAN ATTACHE TO IT. THE LIST CAN BE FILLED BY US. NO NEED TO SHOP AROUND
Attached Images   

Last edited by Fauxari08; 02-12-2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Originally Posted by Fauxari08
tHIS IS NUMBER vIN 00075 OFF LINE WITH WINSHEILD. IT'S A TRUE RUBY WITH CLEAN TITLE WILL SHIP ENTIRE CAR BEEN SAVING IT FOR THIS REASON. PLEASE ASK AROUND zR ! REGISTRY FOR REFERENCES ON MY COMPANY . CORVETTENUTZ. I HAVE A VIDEO ONLINE TOO.

I HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED EVEN A HOOD I CAN ATTACHE TO IT. THE LIST CAN BE FILLED BY US. NO NEED TO SHOP AROUND
Old 02-13-2016, 03:03 AM
Earendil
Intermediate

IT'S A TRUE RUBY WITH CLEAN TITLE WILL SHIP ENTIRE CAR BEEN SAVING IT FOR THIS REASON

You have an email
Old 12-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Earendil
Intermediate

Can some of you guys send me schemes of the dash assembly and around the steering/bulkhead?
We need to take out the dash and I would prefer to do it with some schematics if possible.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2024, 02:37 PM
sonnymrvette
6th Gear

I have a complete 85 with a prefect frt end and parts you need. I let the car go for $4500 as is.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 body parts wanted

Quick Reply: C4 body parts wanted