Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

Corvette Delco Bose Radio 1990

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 02:21 PM
eddie6
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Delco Bose Radio 1990

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for a long time the original CD/cassette radio for my 1990 vette.

I just bought the corvette and the previous owner installed a new radio with touch screen...

Where can I find it, and what is his real value?

If someone is selling one, I'll be happy to take it.

Thank you
Old 05-03-2016, 02:43 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by eddie6
Hi Everyone,

I just bought the corvette and the previous owner installed a new radio with touch screen...

Thank you
I am assuming you are fairly new to the Bose system. Here is a link to some videos to get an idea as what is all involved. Scroll down to the 1990-1996 section. http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalCorvettevideo.htm

When I bought my 90 it to had an aftermarket system. For me everything was removed except for the CDM and the speaker housings. I had to find a radio control head, speakers and speaker amps plus repair the wiring that they butcher up under the dash on the passenger side.

The first thing to do is take inventory of what you have and don't have so you know what you will need to purchase.

A good place to start for Bose parts is eBay as well as here on the forum but have patience as prices are all over the scale. If you are handy with soldering you can pick up speaker amps cheap that need repair. I also have a number of links of useful information if you decide to restore your Bose system.

Ken

Last edited by kenpeindl; 05-03-2016 at 02:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
eddie6 (05-04-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 06:08 PM
eddie6
6th Gear

Dear Ken ,
thank you for your time and your feedback. In fact I m quite new ....

thank you for the link , I will study the case.

I thought that it would be easier.
:/
Old 05-04-2016, 06:24 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

I too was new not to long ago. Learned a lot in the past 2 years and still learning every day. One thing I will say about working on these car they are a challenge. The main thing is to be patience and have fun.

Ken
eddie6 (05-09-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 10:28 AM
S.C. vette
Melting Slicks

Received 314 Likes on 258 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-fs-radio.html
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 PM
jjzing
1st Gear

Last year I replaced the Bose in my '92 convertible with an aftermarket unit. I searched for an exact replacement Bose but found them to be too expensive. The old Bose has two bad channels, not certain but I think both right sides. Make me an offer for the unit, speakers (not the housings), and amps. Again, I'm not exactly certain what worked and what didn't.
John

Thank you[/QUOTE]
Old 06-28-2016, 03:06 PM
ztheusa
Melting Slicks

Received 341 Likes on 213 Posts

All that effort to restore a radio that was junk.............right out of Bowling Green?

I don't think you'll be happy.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:09 AM
TheMongoose
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eddie6 i just bought a 92 and I want to get a new stereo for it. My stock Bose cd/casette works fine. If you'd be intereted in trading send me a pm with info on your new unit.

Chris
Old 06-30-2016, 04:01 AM
eddie6
6th Gear

Originally Posted by TheMongoose
Eddie6 i just bought a 92 and I want to get a new stereo for it. My stock Bose cd/casette works fine. If you'd be intereted in trading send me a pm with info on your new unit.

Chris
Thank you for your message,

Finally, after several months, I found it 3 days ago almost for free... A guy in the neighbourhood just sold his 90 vette by parts and gave me all the interior of the car.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:39 AM
kenpeindl
Racer

Originally Posted by eddie6
Thank you for your message,

Finally, after several months, I found it 3 days ago almost for free... A guy in the neighbourhood just sold his 90 vette by parts and gave me all the interior of the car.

That's good news. I really didn't have any problem finding good parts at reasonable prices it's having the patience for them to come along. I've gotten some great deals over this past year and now have a good supply of spare parts. My personal opinion is that the Bose Gold system sounds great when everything is working. If you want to used your phone and/or an ipod just get one of those blue tooth/FM transmitter that plug in the lighter. I got one at Walmart and it works great.

On another note I just got Top Flight for my 90 at the local NCRS chapter earlier this month and one thing they we're impressed with was the sound quality of the Bose system.

Ken
eddie6 (06-30-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 09:57 AM
eddie6
6th Gear

In fact, If I was looking for the original Radio it was just a matter of visual aspect.

If it works better, if not, I will plug my phone into a portable blutooth speaker et voilà

By the way, does anyone have any idea why there are "Delco non bose" radio systems?

Like this one :

I never have seen Corvettes with a cassette only system...
Old 06-30-2016, 02:14 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

It is my understanding that the difference is the Bose system has speaker amps were as the Delco/non-bose does not. The head unit looks the same and they say will work with either CDM.

Ken
eddie6 (07-04-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Delco Bose Radio 1990

Quick Reply: Corvette Delco Bose Radio 1990