Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

1996 Black Corvette Grand Sport Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Phantom2007
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 1996 Black Corvette Grand Sport Wheels and Tires

1996 Black Corvette Grandsport Wheels and Tires

Perfect New Condition

17 x 9.5 - 7.5" BS Rears with Sumitomo 275s
16 x 8 - 6.75 BS Fronts with Sumitomo 245s

Rears have 50% tread left the fronts are new.

Also have 2" Wheel Spacers that will fit these wheels and tires on Early Camaros, Chevelles, Novas and Monte Carlos.

These Wheels and Tires cost over $2000 new

Asking $950 obo for the set.

Name:  IMG_0179.JPG
Views: 3553
Size:  846.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0180.JPG
Views: 3605
Size:  1.10 MB

Name:  IMG_0181.JPG
Views: 2015
Size:  817.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0183.JPG
Views: 3305
Size:  976.7 KB

Last edited by Phantom2007; 05-13-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:11 PM
JBRUSS
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Those are repos not original GS wheels?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Stang-etr96
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

They don't even look like Corvette backspacing??? 16" fronts? mmmm
Old 05-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Phantom2007
Instructor

Originally Posted by JBRUSS
Those are repos not original GS wheels?
Originally Posted by Stang-etr96
Yes they are repros. I did not post them as originals.

They are Corvette backspacing with 2" spacers on my 70 Chevelle SS396 and they are 17 rear /16 front

And last. If you are just trolling move on and stop with your For Sale Thread interference.

Thanks you
Old 05-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Phantom2007
Instructor

Bumpin

Open to offers
Old 05-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Stang-etr96
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom2007
Yes they are repros. I did not post them as originals.

They are Corvette backspacing with 2" spacers on my 70 Chevelle SS396 and they are 17 rear /16 front

And last. If you are just trolling move on and stop with your For Sale Thread interference.

Thanks you
First off Phantom, slow your role. What you say as interference is educating YOU and our fellow Corvette owners on what you are trying to sell and or others would really be buying.

Secondly, you IMPLIED they where original's in the first post by stating they where 1996 Corvette Grand Sport Wheels. No where did you say they where repo's or replicas. GS's or ZR1's didn't come with or even can use a 16" front wheel.

Thirdly, I would hazard a guess that from the pics you posted that those are not even the correct rims sizes you have stated. you would be hard pressed to stretch a 245 tire onto a 9.5" rim and it most certainly doesn't look like a 275 stretched onto a 11" rim. I would hazard a guess to say those are a 8 or 8.5" front rim with the backs being a 9.5 to maybe 10" rim.

So lastly, prove me wrong by stating the manufacture of the rims and a pic of the back of the rims or any other stampings and maybe what the backset size for the back and front rims really are.

Last edited by Stang-etr96; 05-10-2016 at 11:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tmirisola (05-13-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

First off Phantom, slow your role. What you say as interference is educating YOU and our fellow Corvette owners on what you are trying to sell and or others would really be buying.

Secondly, you IMPLIED they where original's in the first post by stating they where 1996 Corvette Grand Sport Wheels. No where did you say they where repo's or replicas. GS's or ZR1's didn't come with or even can use a 16" front wheel.

Thirdly, I would hazard a guess that from the pics you posted that those are not even the correct rims sizes you have stated. you would be hard pressed to stretch a 245 tire onto a 9.5" rim and it most certainly doesn't look like a 275 stretched onto a 11" rim. I would hazard a guess to say those are a 8 or 8.5" front rim with the backs being a 9.5 to maybe 10" rim.

So lastly, prove me wrong by stating the manufacture of the rims and a pic of the back of the rims or any other stampings and maybe what the backset size for the back and front rims really are.

role (rōl) n. 1. also rôle A character or part played by a performer. 2. The characteristic and expected social behavior of an individual. 3. A function or position

Roll : something that performs a rolling action or movement :

Good times!!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:56 PM
Phantom2007
Instructor

#1 If they were original GS wheels I would have stated it in the title of my thread. Nothing was implied. JBRUSS asked Original or Repro and I confirmed repro. You stated
"They don't even look like Corvette backspacing??? 16" fronts? mmmm"
I guess the implied educational value of you post went over my head as I didn't see the question in your statement.

#2 I posted the info given to me on the wheels by the owner I bought the car from

Could be 10 and 8.5s. He told me OEM SS wheels that came with the car were 15" x 8' and they are 14" x 7". Guess he measured overall and not bead to bead.

I'll pull the wheels tomorrow. Measure and post additional info for those interested.

Lastly...unless you're a potential buyer go click somewhere else thank you. Per the rules unless posts are constructive to the sale it is interference.

here you go

Interference in a For Sale thread

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:10 PM
Fauxari08
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom2007
#1 If they were original GS wheels I would have stated it in the title of my thread. Nothing was implied. JBRUSS asked Original or Repro and I confirmed repro. You stated I guess the implied educational value of you post went over my head as I didn't see the question in your statement.

#2 I posted the info given to me on the wheels by the owner I bought the car from

Could be 10 and 8.5s. He told me OEM SS wheels that came with the car were 15" x 8' and they are 14" x 7". Guess he measured overall and not bead to bead.

I'll pull the wheels tomorrow. Measure and post additional info for those interested.

Lastly...unless you're a potential buyer go click somewhere else thank you. Per the rules unless posts are constructive to the sale it is interference.

here you go

Interference in a For Sale thread

If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.
Hey try racingjunk.com with a picture of them on your chevelle. You will get a better response. If they are a 16 front and 17 rear , i'm pretty sure most corvette owners would not want that setup.

GLWS
The following users liked this post:
Phantom2007 (05-10-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 08:29 AM
Phantom2007
Instructor

Updated the wheel sizes and specs.

Get notified of new replies

To 1996 Black Corvette Grand Sport Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply: 1996 Black Corvette Grand Sport Wheels and Tires