Notices
C4 Parts for Sale/Wanted C4 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

WTT ARH longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 12:20 AM
vetteson
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default WTT ARH longtubes

I have a set of American Racing headers 13/4" primaries to 3" collectors with the 3" x-pipe no cats or emissions. Just throwing out a query to see if anyone would want to trade for their same dimension longtubes and x-pipe that has cats? I installed these last August. There is one spot with a scrape on it. Don't really care how yours look just as long as they aren't beat up.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:40 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

Originally Posted by vetteson
I have a set of American Racing headers 13/4" primaries to 3" collectors with the 3" x-pipe no cats or emissions. Just throwing out a query to see if anyone would want to trade for their same dimension longtubes and x-pipe that has cats? I installed these last August. There is one spot with a scrape on it. Don't really care how yours look just as long as they aren't beat up.
Well if you can't find anybody to trade, I'd be interested in purchasing your setup, if the price was worth it vs. buying new. Keep me in mind.
Thanks,
Darren
Old 02-15-2017, 06:15 PM
Lt4-396
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94
Well if you can't find anybody to trade, I'd be interested in purchasing your setup, if the price was worth it vs. buying new. Keep me in mind.
Thanks,
Darren

They aren't 1 3/4 but I have the SW headers with cats, I would be interested in trading or buying your setup as well depending on price.

DI'd you consider just getting some 3" bullet cats or some 3" generic cats.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:19 PM
vetteson
Advanced

Originally Posted by POLOVETTE 94
Thanks,
Darren
Sorry man, just a trade. I am in the same mindset as you for buying used vs new. Since I have hardly used them I wouldn't take the hit on them. Only way would be to trade unless you know someone who would want to spend new price on a used header
Old 02-22-2017, 12:42 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

Received 394 Likes on 323 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Gotta ask.... Why would you want to trade ARH for another brand/set? I thought they'd be one of the better options?

You should post whether they are stainless or not (since I bet many aren't familiar) like me. :-)

I've toyed with the idea of swapping out my Tri-Ys for a traditional 4-1 set but mine have 2.5" collectors.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:54 PM
vetteson
Advanced

I have a set of stainless ARH with no cats, I want to trade for stainless ARH with cats
Old 02-24-2017, 04:40 PM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

No way to add, weld, or attach them to what you have?

Removal, shipping, and reinstallation would warrant a bit of "fab" to get cats on the system.

Of course, I'm thinking from that type of mindset. The headers I bought were available [in standard config] with extra-long secondaries. Tuning the secondaries longer is supposed to lower peak rpm. Because there's simply not room to add converters on THAT style/length of header, I couldn't order them. Instead, I ordered the shorter "NASCAR" version of those headers....where the secondaries are short enough to add converters. They also included Kooks style pickle outlets with bolt-on flanges. (both sides). My converters are welded to the tail-end of the bolt-on connector.

If you don't have that bolt-on "seam", do you have an issue welding directly to the collector outlet? If so, you could buy two sets of 3-bolt collector ends and do the same thing mine came with.

Pardon me if the suggestions aren't valid...or seem well-intended. I'm guessing you already considered similar options before thinking of a trade. If not, then maybe my point(s) are helpful?

Last edited by GREGGPENN; 02-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:17 PM
vetteson
Advanced

I don't want to cut up such a nice set of headers. Honestly I would just sell them outright before I would do that and then buy a set with cats on them. It is bugging me also, because I wanted to throw a Corsa catback on there also, but I would either have to cut the x-pipe with the headers on the pipe for the catback since they only make it in 2.5". I thought I could handle the straight pipe, but it is too loud, and my inner hillbilly is disappointed in me for saying that.
Old 03-05-2017, 08:57 PM
POLOVETTE 94
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Co-winner 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified

I don't want to cut up such a nice set of headers. Honestly I would just sell them outright before I would do that and then buy a set with cats on them. It is bugging me also, because I wanted to throw a Corsa catback on there also, but I would either have to cut the x-pipe with the headers on the pipe for the catback since they only make it in 2.5". I thought I could handle the straight pipe, but it is too loud, and my inner hillbilly is disappointed in me for saying that.
Well, if you decide to sell them outright, let me know the price, I was kinda first in line (although they weren't really for SALE yet).
Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 12:22 AM
GREGGPENN
Race Director

I assume what you have is displayed on this page...except that you don't have cats.

Why is it "cutting headers" to install bullet cats in the straight section immediately behind the collector? Or, if it would hit the trans, in the place where ARH put them?

From your profile, you are showing a cam as your only engine modification. Reducing your pipe size to 2.5 "downstream" isn't likely to hurt you. In fact, gases significantly cool downstream and some designers would deliberately reduce pipe size to keep velocity up. Example is a Melrose 3"... to 2.5" as described here.

And again, by the picture, reducers could be placed near the rear axle w/o disturbing the x-pipe.

I'm not sure that philosophy was derived by a hillbilly....which, btw, is a pretty funny comment!

Last edited by GREGGPENN; 03-06-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To WTT ARH longtubes

Quick Reply: WTT ARH longtubes