C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Ed Wright Programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM
Hotwired
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ed Wright Programming

I have seen some C4's for sale with Ed Wright programming. What is it?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:54 AM
Morley
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Same thing as PCM for Less or others...a custom programmed prom chip
Old 10-23-2005, 01:56 AM
gbody5
Pro

http://www.fastchip.com/
Old 11-01-2005, 12:53 AM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Not a big sell ticket, hell Hypertech is just as good. I fell for an Wright chip, cost me $400.00 bucks. After not getting the performance I expected with my new 383 I purchased the hardware to look at the map in the chip. I then compared it to a stock chip. Only changes was lower coolant temp. Man was I hot!

Old 11-01-2005, 06:30 AM
Hotwired
Racer

So, is there any chip worth the money. Don't they all lower temp?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:19 AM
93 ragtop
Le Mans Master

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

I am very happy with mine from www.pcmforless.com Alvin adjust spark tables, ve tables and a host of other changes, IMO its the best value out there in the chip market. And he supports this forum.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:48 PM
93LT1
Pro

I have an Ed Wright Chip. I've had it for over 3 years. I've recently purchased the ability to read/write the chip and scan my ECM.

I've compared the stock chip to the Ed Wright modified chip and there are numerous changes in timing, PE & VE.

For a mail order chip. I've been very happy with the results.

396 LT1
Old 11-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Shoot me the bin file. I'd like to take a look at it.........

Old 11-17-2005, 05:22 PM
86VX1
Drifting

Default chip crisis

I have a heavyly modified 86 vet. with the stock chip the idle goes up and down and it feels like it wants to cut out at speeds above 40 mph.
I put in a custom chip from fast chip and the car ran perfect. after about 100 miles the car decided that it did not want to start. disconnected the battery and the car still did not want to start. disconnected the battery again and also put the stock chip back on and the car started right away.

I contacted fast chip and they said to send them the chip to see if anything is wrong with it. They told me that they didn't even check it, they said they just burned another chip. I put the chip back on it and the car ran perfectly for another 100 miles. It started doing the same thing again. I will be sending the chip back for a third time. They told me that they think it's a cracked board in the ecm. I always counter that theory with the fact that the car begins to start if I remove the modified chip and put in the stock chip.

This is the only thing that is stopping me from taking the car out for a few passes.

I ready to pull my hair out too. There is my fast chip story I hope it helps you.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:39 PM
RocketSled
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Superrammd 383 (very not stock). I bought a custom chip from him. Aside from a turn around for too aggressive spark advance, it was a pretty good basepoint for a start.

I limped along with a car that wouldn't idle in open loop, would stall with the A/C on, and some other ****ling issues for a year or so while I got the scratch together to get the transmission fixed and the driveline hardened. (So, I had some problems with the PROM, but it mad no difference with shrapnel in the transmission.) I figured by the time I got it running, he wouldn't be interested in tuning it some more.

Long story short, a long distance custom tune is HARD if not impossible to do. If your system isn't stock, the guy doing the tuning (yourself or the tuner) has to be right there to make changes as you think of them.

Since I got the equipment, I've probably made 30 or 40 little changes. But those changes made all the difference in the world.

There's probable another 10-20 hp left on the table with Ed's tune, based on my dyno, but I'm okay with that...it's a safety net for bad gas.

Get notified of new replies

To Ed Wright Programming

Quick Reply: Ed Wright Programming