C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

30lb injector question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Insane1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30lb injector question

I just put 30 lb injectors into my 383. I will be ordering a chip from pcmforless but to get it running I was wondering if someone could email me a stock 85 4+3 bin modified for 30lb injectors? I have the software to burn the chip but not the knowledge/software to modify the bin.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:12 PM
macsperformance
Advanced

What software are you using?

C.A.T.S. RT tuner?

Chris Macellaro
Old 01-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Alvin
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

If you email me the broadcast code you are on I'll make the change for you.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Insane1
Pro

Originally Posted by Alvin
If you email me the broadcast code you are on I'll make the change for you.
I need to get that from the top of the chip?

I was looking over your order form to see what information you will need. Right now I have a stock intake on it. I want to Dyno this thing like it is then put the modified intake on and dyno again.

I have all the specs for the cam but no flow numbers on the heads.

I will probably just be using the C.A.T.S. Tuner software.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Insane1
Pro

With my current configuration with the stock chip how long will it take before my O2 sensor is toast?
Old 01-05-2006, 10:48 AM
macsperformance
Advanced

Originally Posted by Insane1
I need to get that from the top of the chip?

I was looking over your order form to see what information you will need. Right now I have a stock intake on it. I want to Dyno this thing like it is then put the modified intake on and dyno again.

I have all the specs for the cam but no flow numbers on the heads.

I will probably just be using the C.A.T.S. Tuner software.

Sorry Alvin not trying to step on any toes friend. Just wanted to see if I could help him before you did his dyno tuning.

Insane1.... I have seen some of Alvin's work first hand with some of his old mail order tune customers cars after they have done modifications after the chip. Alvin will treat you good and you are in good hands from what I have seen.

Chris Macellaro
Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by macsperformance
Sorry Alvin not trying to step on any toes friend. Just wanted to see if I could help him before you did his dyno tuning.

Insane1.... I have seen some of Alvin's work first hand with some of his old mail order tune customers cars after they have done modifications after the chip. Alvin will treat you good and you are in good hands from what I have seen.

Chris Macellaro

None taken.. I just thought that if he was going to eventially get a chip from us that i would go ahead and set it up for the injector as its not as cut and dry as it in on the later models in the 85's.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Insane1
Pro

Thanks, I am certain I am going with Alvin. Only thing holding me back from ordering it right now is I have more mods to do before I am in my final configuration (porting/polishing plenum, runners, intake). I also have to replace the rear u-joints before I can do any serious driving on this car. I would more then gladly pay for a chip now to be done at a later date since I only get changes for 6 months. When I first looked it was with unlimited changes. I will see if I can figure out how to expose the ECM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:59 PM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Actually on the email packages I do unlimited updates per setup.. I'll cut you a break since your only chaning your intake.. I'm a reasonable guy.. the only reason why I have that rule in place is becasue some guys will go threw 4 different cams in one year and it works us to death.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
86VX1
Drifting

its reading threads like this that make me feel sorry and stupid for buying a super chip from ed wright.

At the time I didn't know about you alvin, and I wasn't a member of this forum.

after I recover from the holiday spending, I will be in contact with you so that you can burn a new chip for me.

alvin rules!
Old 01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Insane1
Pro

Originally Posted by Alvin
Actually on the email packages I do unlimited updates per setup.. I'll cut you a break since your only chaning your intake.. I'm a reasonable guy.. the only reason why I have that rule in place is becasue some guys will go threw 4 different cams in one year and it works us to death.
In that case I will submit my order to you for a new chip tonight. Would you still need the broadcast vode for the chip if everything is going to be changed? I use WinALDL to scan the car. What info do you need included in the captures?

Last edited by Insane1; 01-05-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Alvin
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by Insane1
In that case I will submit my order to you for a new chip tonight. Would you still need the broadcast vode for the chip if everything is going to be changed? I use WinALDL to scan the car. What info do you need included in the captures?
I like to have the BLM, O2, and Knock tables saved and the datalog saved for the first run so that I can make sure everything looks in order. THe prom code is still important because it gives me a good starting place per platformed and how its equipped.

To 86, Thanks, Ed is pretty good at what he does.. Is your chip off or something?
Old 01-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Insane1
Pro

Alvin, order has been sent to you and payment should be there also.

Last edited by Insane1; 01-05-2006 at 11:22 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 30lb injector question

Quick Reply: 30lb injector question