C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Torque Android App question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 AM
kg4fku
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Torque Android App question

I have a question for anyone who has been able to successfully connect to their 1996 OBDII cars with the Torque App.

I am using a Nexus 7 and Samsung GS3 along with a VGATE Scan bluetooth adapter. I have not been able to connect to my C4. However, I can connect and read three other OBDII vehicles with no issue (2004, 2010 and 2013) and have immediate data with no additional configuration required.

Are there any special settings that I may be missing for this early OBDII configuration?

I tried different settings that I thought would work but haven't been able to successfully connect yet.

When I open adapter status in Torque I have the following:
Bluetooth enabled (Green Check)
Connection to adapter (Green Check)
Connection to ECU (yellow exclamation point)
Adapter error count (Green Check)

What am I missing here?

Thanks
Old 07-29-2014, 12:55 AM
DrDyno
Burning Brakes

Received 273 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by kg4fku
I have a question for anyone who has been able to successfully connect to their 1996 OBDII cars with the Torque App.

I am using a Nexus 7 and Samsung GS3 along with a VGATE Scan bluetooth adapter. I have not been able to connect to my C4. However, I can connect and read three other OBDII vehicles with no issue (2004, 2010 and 2013) and have immediate data with no additional configuration required.

Are there any special settings that I may be missing for this early OBDII configuration?

I tried different settings that I thought would work but haven't been able to successfully connect yet.

When I open adapter status in Torque I have the following:
Bluetooth enabled (Green Check)
Connection to adapter (Green Check)
Connection to ECU (yellow exclamation point)
Adapter error count (Green Check)

What am I missing here?

Thanks

I have a BAFX OBD II Blue Tooth Reader and Torque insalled in my HTC One. I got the BAFX from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406609338&sr=8-3&keywords=obd+ii+reader http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1406609338&sr=8-3&keywords=obd+ii+reader

I can't remember the sequence on the screen but my steps are:

1. With the engine off, plug the BAFX into the car's OBD II plug. It's LED's then light up.
2. Choose Torque in my Apps and it automatically searches for a blue tooth device.
3. When it finds the BAFX (a couple of seconds), it links up and we're good to go.

I've used the same set-up on my '05 Solara with the same excellent results.

Quick Reply: Torque Android App question