C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Can anyone interpret these #'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 03:31 PM
kkperformance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scanner question

MAF is too hi at 750 rpm idle, go online and download a VE calculator and run it- should be at least 75% VE. Or remove your MAF and spray carb cleaner on the little elements?wires inside the MAF. That reading should be close to 6 gms at low idle.

Originally Posted by Pete919
Tried posting in a different section, no results
94 6spd running rich?
Car has a strong gas smell after driving and also feels like its missing some power. There are no fuel leaks. Fuel pressure seems a bit low at 38 psi KO EO. Goes down to low to mid 30's while driving. Pressure holds.
I used a scanner and got these results. If someone could advise what if anything looks off I'd appreciate it.
Lt fuel trim cl 16
Lt fuel trim l 149
Lt fuel trim r 139
Evap duty(%) 0
Evap solenoid off
Cyl ID 86
Rpm 750
Egr duty (%) 0
ks counter 1951
Fc1 relay off
Fc2 relay off
Iac position 11
Inj l pw(ms) 3
Inj r pw (ms) 3
Knock ret 0
Knock sensor 1951
Closed loop
Maf (gr/s) 7
Map ("hg) 9.81
Iat (f) 119
02 sensors fluctuate and are new
Tps sensor .71

New in last year or so... Fuel pump,sock, filter. Coil, icm, plugs, wires, tps, o2 sensors. Cool temp sensor. Fuel pressure regulator.
Sorry for the long post. Thanks for any advice.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:49 PM
Pete919
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kkperformance
MAF is too hi at 750 rpm idle, go online and download a VE calculator and run it- should be at least 75% VE. Or remove your MAF and spray carb cleaner on the little elements?wires inside the MAF. That reading should be close to 6 gms at low idle.
Thanks for the response. I recently cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner. I'm using a handheld scanner. I just bought a red devil river cable from a member here but haven't tried it yet. I don't even know what a VE calculator is.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:55 PM
DanielRicany
Melting Slicks

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Just want to throw this out there. When I was tuning my car a few months back, everything was going well. Until one day I made a change to the MAF tables that really was strange. I've never had anything like this happen previously when I tuned the MAF tables. The formulas that I used to calculate the new MAF table values were correct, but still something strange happened. When I changed it, it went extremely lean, BLMs up to 154. I left it alone over night. Next day I drove it and BLMs were down to 122. Shut it off for a while and took it out again. Back to like 148. Again I did it and it was down to 116. This happened for a while. After a long 2 or 3 days of non stop diagnosing finally my MAF sensor wire broke inside the MAF. At this point I figured I absolutely needed a new one. I changed it the problem stopped. My BLMs were consistent again. I tuned it from that point and haven't had a problem since. But my MAF values were exactly at what I tuned them to be on the scanner. And you could see at like 10 gms/sec it would just go from 116 to 154 while staying at the same flow rate. Which was strange.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Pete919
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DanielRicany
Just want to throw this out there. When I was tuning my car a few months back, everything was going well. Until one day I made a change to the MAF tables that really was strange. I've never had anything like this happen previously when I tuned the MAF tables. The formulas that I used to calculate the new MAF table values were correct, but still something strange happened. When I changed it, it went extremely lean, BLMs up to 154. I left it alone over night. Next day I drove it and BLMs were down to 122. Shut it off for a while and took it out again. Back to like 148. Again I did it and it was down to 116. This happened for a while. After a long 2 or 3 days of non stop diagnosing finally my MAF sensor wire broke inside the MAF. At this point I figured I absolutely needed a new one. I changed it the problem stopped. My BLMs were consistent again. I tuned it from that point and haven't had a problem since. But my MAF values were exactly at what I tuned them to be on the scanner. And you could see at like 10 gms/sec it would just go from 116 to 154 while staying at the same flow rate. Which was strange.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, the wires in the MAF looked good when I cleaned it. Forgot to plug it back in after reinstalling. It threw a code that cleared when I plugged it in so I assume its working correctly? Just can't get the blms near 128 and the car seems slightly sluggish. Fuel pressure is fine and no vacuum leaks (anymore) that I can find. I'm thinking fuel injectors at this point couldn't hurt.

Quick Reply: Can anyone interpret these #'s