C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Wellcraft370
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I'm a 17 year old in high school and I recently just bought my first corvette, 1985 c4 automatic. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for a new corvette owner. Ps is there anyway to over ride the security system?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:35 PM
THE 383 admiral
Melting Slicks

Received 199 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Wellcraft370
I'm a 17 year old in high school and I recently just bought my first corvette, 1985 c4 automatic. I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for a new corvette owner. Ps is there anyway to over ride the security system?
VATS can be turned off re-flashing your prom.
But now would make your car fairly easy to take.
What is the reason you need VATS disabled.
If the VATS ignition orange lead is broken. All you need to do is re-place the ignition lock. Or read The Ohm resistance on your key. And install a resister +or - 10% on the orange VATS lead to close the loop.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:40 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 342 Likes on 313 Posts

No VATS in 1985.

Depends on what you want to do with the TDS (Theft Deterrrent System). If you just want to stop it from honking the horn if you open the door with it armed, you can remove the "flasher" behind the switch panel in the center cluster. If you want to bypass the starter enable relay, there are easy ways to do that. This video shows a VATS starter enable relay, but the same principle applies to TDS starter enable relay (it's in the same location):

Old 12-28-2014, 04:06 PM
kkperformance
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vats help

Try checking resistance at the orange VATS wire under the steering column, should be the same resistance as the key in the chip- if not the wireing is bad in the column. The resistor trick works well.

Get notified of new replies

To Help

Quick Reply: Help