C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

'93 LT1 stalling at idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 03:02 PM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
Default '93 LT1 stalling at idle

Hey guys, usually these posts are current owners, but this one is about a car I have/had a handshake deal on buying. It's a '93 auto LT1 with 80k miles.

Problem is, the car is now stalling when it idles. The owner recently had the O2 sensors replaced, but was still getting a check engine light during long idles (hasn't been driving the car much lately) and now its stalling at idle.

He pulled Code 44, which he reports is O2 sensor, left bank, lean. He's scheduled to take it to his mechanic next Monday, but I'd like to have an idea what we're looking at here.

You guys will have a much better idea than me with what's going on. Would this be related to a vacuum leak or something?
Any tips welcomed.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:45 PM
THE 383 admiral
Melting Slicks

Received 199 Likes on 183 Posts

To many possibilities on the left bank.
Basics first. injectors, spark, plugs, wires. Plus a possible vacuum leak.

Last edited by THE 383 admiral; 12-19-2014 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 PM
JD Shredds
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Yeah, I wish the car was local because I would try my hand at finding the issue, but its 280 miles away and awaiting a trip to his mechanic. He has recently replaced opti, plugs, wires, and o2 sensors. Could something go wrong on those installs to lead to this kind of issue? Injectors and vacuum leak crossed my mind as where to check since they so directly affect the mixture. For all I know he could have a crimped fuel line somewhere in there.

Came across this bit online regarding the code he pulled:

Code 44- Lean exhaust indicated. Check for possible lean fuel possibilities, such as low pressure caused by faulty regulator, fuel pump or fuel lines kinked or partially collapse, vacuum leaks, clogged air filter or fuel filter.. Check wiring and connections to O2 sensor. Check ground terminals to ecm. Replace O2 sensor.

Last edited by JD Shredds; 12-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 PM
IB RTEST

⁄mm do small

This is what in talking about

Get notified of new replies

To '93 LT1 stalling at idle

Quick Reply: '93 LT1 stalling at idle