C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

traction control help 96 LT4

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:49 AM
kevinpepsimech
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control help 96 LT4

Im new here and not sure if there is were I would start but Im wondering if anyone knows how to see if the traction control is shut off, I have a button but it does nothing and when wet or if I put my foot in it she goes sideways- it is a 96 LT4- any suggestions?
Old 12-24-2014, 06:19 AM
gears
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you start the car,the traction control is on.When you press the button and the light comes on in the dash,the traction control is turned off then.Hope this helps.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:00 AM
kevinpepsimech
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gears
When you start the car,the traction control is on.When you press the button and the light comes on in the dash,the traction control is turned off then.Hope this helps.
Yes i understand that but i have no light on the dash or on the button. Would you know we're the sensors are located or what activates it. Thanks for your help! !!
Old 12-24-2014, 03:32 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 464 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinpepsimech
Yes i understand that but i have no light on the dash or on the button. Would you know we're the sensors are located or what activates it. Thanks for your help! !!
It uses the abs brake sensors to determine if you are spinning and then closes the throttle and cuts timing and applies the brakes to control the spinning. I would look under the hood and see if the servo motor for the ARS is disconnected, if it is I would assume someone tuned it out and disconnected the servo motor.

If it bugs you you could have it added back into the tune, I assume it is tuned out because if it was not you would get a service engine light.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:34 PM
kevinpepsimech
Intermediate

Thank you very much that makes sense and at least i have a starting point.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:07 PM
Garack
Burning Brakes

Received 117 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by bjankuski
It uses the abs brake sensors to determine if you are spinning and then closes the throttle and cuts timing and applies the brakes to control the spinning. I would look under the hood and see if the servo motor for the ARS is disconnected, if it is I would assume someone tuned it out and disconnected the servo motor.

If it bugs you you could have it added back into the tune, I assume it is tuned out because if it was not you would get a service engine light.
My traction control on my 96 activated last night on a power run up the onramp . The roads were damp, more damp than I thought. As I accelerated I felt the gas pedal push my foot up. Is this normal? Is there more to traction control than that? Didnt know it controlled timing and throttle and brake also.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:28 PM
Kevova
Le Mans Master

Received 732 Likes on 683 Posts

You should have started new thread. This one is very old. None the less yes the gas pedal gets weird wanting to "feather" itself.

Get notified of new replies

To traction control help 96 LT4

Quick Reply: traction control help 96 LT4