C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

LT1 Edit vs Tuner Cat

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 07:19 PM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default LT1 Edit vs Tuner Cat

Good Evening Folks! Anyone out there have any experience with either LT1 Edit for their LT4's, or Tuner Cat for OBDII, which is now marketed through Jet Performance? It's for my '96 LT4. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:31 PM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Originally Posted by GRKLGHTNG
Good Evening Folks! Anyone out there have any experience with either LT1 Edit for their LT4's, or Tuner Cat for OBDII, which is now marketed through Jet Performance? It's for my '96 LT4. Thanks in advance.
Guys, what I'm asking here is who's used either one, or both, of these software packages? And, which one works better/is easier to use? Basically, what are the pros and cons to each? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:13 PM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Hi guys, no love on this one?
Old 01-26-2015, 01:47 PM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 465 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by GRKLGHTNG
Hi guys, no love on this one?
I have used Jet dynamic tuning software for the 1996 and I like it but I have never used LT1 edit, so I cannot really comment on which one is better.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:33 PM
GRKLGHTNG
Instructor

Originally Posted by bjankuski
I have used Jet dynamic tuning software for the 1996 and I like it but I have never used LT1 edit, so I cannot really comment on which one is better.
Thank you very much for replying! I was starting to think that I wrote something wrong. I'm leaning toward the Jet/Tuner Cat for the simple reason that it's cheaper than the LT1 Edit. If anyone else can chime in, especially my fellow LT4 brothers (and sisters), I'd really appreciate it

Last edited by GRKLGHTNG; 02-06-2015 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Mutt Vette
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eighteen years ago I installed a complete crate LT4 into a ’60 Corvette using a ’95 PCM (OBDI). Years later I overhauled the engine. The new cam played havoc with under 2,000 RPM drivability. I sought tuning from a chassis dyno shop specializing in Corvettes. He was using TunerCATS. Unfortunately, his incompetence did not improve my drivability issue. I then sought assistance from the company that supplied the wiring harness and ’95 PCM. They used a laptop loaded with TunerCATS and Datamaster... they found a sluggish O2 sensor, tweaked the timing, all to no avail.

Having watched two demos of TunerCATS by two tuners I realized there was no “magic” involved, so I bought TunerCATS and Datamaster and proceeded to self-instruct. Now I understand why the two previous tuners were unable to correct my drivability issues. I’d be happy to explain further if you like... it is a lengthy explanation involving individual cylinder fuel trim cells for idle and off idle operation. Long story short, TunerCATS displays the content of all the pertinent factory PCM tables, including auto trans shift tables. TunerCATS was created and marketed by a retired GM powertrain engineer who developed EFI PCM controllers.

I have not personally used LT1 Edit, but browsing these forums I see many of the same tables displayed from LT1 Edit that are common to TunerCATS, the only differences I have seen are the ways the tables are displayed. So, if price is the sole criteria controlling your purchase decision, buy on price.

Get notified of new replies

To LT1 Edit vs Tuner Cat

Quick Reply: LT1 Edit vs Tuner Cat