C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Any way of finding the broadcast code for the memcal if the stickers are gone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 PM
JC316
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Any way of finding the broadcast code for the memcal if the stickers are gone?

Say you bought a 92 Corvette from the biggest god damned, mother ****ing IDIOT in the galaxy and he not only peeled off the sticker from the ECM, but he also replaced the broadcast code sticker on the memcal itself with a sticker that reads "1992 corvette LT1 6 speed".

Trying to order a chip from PCM of NC and they don't bother to tell you that you NEED this info until AFTER you order the ****ing thing.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:26 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

I assume the EPROM has been modified, which is the reason the BCC code label was removed.

You could try matching up your configuration with the ones on the tuner web sites like TunerPro. The main things you need to know are the year, manual vs. automatic trans and the rear end ratio.

One way to find out what's in the EPROM is to use an EPROM burner and read the information. Then you would have to compare it to possible .BIN files until you found a match. The ID code would be useful to know.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:02 AM
JC316
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff Harris
I assume the EPROM has been modified, which is the reason the BCC code label was removed.

You could try matching up your configuration with the ones on the tuner web sites like TunerPro. The main things you need to know are the year, manual vs. automatic trans and the rear end ratio.

One way to find out what's in the EPROM is to use an EPROM burner and read the information. Then you would have to compare it to possible .BIN files until you found a match. The ID code would be useful to know.
Yeah, it's a remanufactured ECM and I'm guessing that the memcal came from a junkyard. I found that the BAFL seems to be the only one for the 92 with the ZF transmission. I was a little irate when I posted this, just freaking annoying when every single important sticker has been removed.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:45 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
Yeah, it's a remanufactured ECM and I'm guessing that the memcal came from a junkyard. I found that the BAFL seems to be the only one for the 92 with the ZF transmission. I was a little irate when I posted this, just freaking annoying when every single important sticker has been removed.
A scanner will pick up a "code" that can generally be referenced to a PROM "broadcast" code.

'92 chart with "scanner ID" but you don't know for sure what yours is so just scan for 4 digit ID.

http://chevythunder.com/1992_lt1_pro...cast_codes.htm

You should only need to supply anyone with the PROM scanner ID code or the BROADCAST information AND of course a suitable correct PROM core.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 03-08-2015 at 08:54 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Any way of finding the broadcast code for the memcal if the stickers are gone?

Quick Reply: Any way of finding the broadcast code for the memcal if the stickers are gone?