C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Project, Tuning back to closed Loop Help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:43 PM
C4NewbTuner
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project, Tuning back to closed Loop Help needed

So I am a huge newb when it comes to tuning but I am learning quickly and any help would be greatly appreciated.

The car:
It is a 91 L98 corvette purchased with an unknown cam and superram intake, and supporting mods.
It has been horribly tuned before we bought it and we limped it home. It runs extremely rich (around 11:1 all the time.) and does not like to idle. I was told by the previous owner that it had been set to open loop.

What I know now:
I have moates autoprom set up so I can flash n burn chips. I have tunerproRT V4 set up as well to read. Also there is a Wideband installed with a wideband reader/logger in the car, as well as a ALDL scanning cable.

So we planned on attempting to lean it out abit at idle so it would actually idle maybe and when we open the bin from the chip we were quite confused. All of the VE tables have been set at their max values at 99.61... Also most of the values for almost all tables were set to the maximum value.

So I tried flashing what I thought to be a factory tune but when I installed the chip into the car it ran worse. I think it went into some type of limp mode because when the chip was removed and no chip was installed it ran the same.

Questions:
There must be something set to modify the injector pulse elsewhere but I'm not sure what it is?
What is the best way to scan? can I use my autoprom to do that?
Can anyone direct me or email me a factory .bin file for the 91 L98 or maybe a good starting tune to give me a place to start?
Also if anyone knows some good resources for info on this kind of stuff it would be great if you could point the way!

Really I am not sure what the next step is...

Thank you for any help you can give!

Link to Calibration txt file that was in the car when purcahsed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpzw29ibkd...20CAl.txt?dl=0

Last edited by C4NewbTuner; 05-14-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Project, Tuning back to closed Loop Help needed