C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Help understanding datalog

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM
umrpunter
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help understanding datalog

Hey all,

I have owned this car for about 15 years (92, auto, LT1) but am just getting into datalogging it with tts. I have a good idle/warm up run with a few no load throttle pulls on it. Could anyone point me to a list of expected range sensor values? I can already tell I have a pretty dead O2 (doesn't move) that needs fixing. Which makes sense because the car is rich and backfires on that side. Thanks for the help!

edit. I have also notice my idle spark advance is around 20, which is good but under load it goes to 40?

Last edited by umrpunter; 06-02-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:50 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Because I just bought the aldldroid app and the 1320 bluetooth for my phone. But yeah, I'd like to know what the OP is asking as well. Trying to figure out why horrible gas mileage and running rich.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:10 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

there is a 2D table for Spark advance (kPA vs RPM) different load and RPm will be different timing degrees

as for O2, it will range from 0 to 1v biscally upper and lower mV (like 200-300 then 700-800) the O2 sensor is like a switch, detects rich/lean conidtions

what other sensors do you have questions about?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:48 PM
umrpunter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by -=Jeff=-
there is a 2D table for Spark advance (kPA vs RPM) different load and RPm will be different timing degrees

as for O2, it will range from 0 to 1v biscally upper and lower mV (like 200-300 then 700-800) the O2 sensor is like a switch, detects rich/lean conidtions

what other sensors do you have questions about?
Thanks! Well what I am really doing is trying to get a view of how all the systems work together and what feeds what In closed and open loop so I I can correctly understand and tune down the road. Right now I do have a very rich right side which shows up on the fuel correction log and I can see the O2 is basically dead. Don't know if it is a leaky injector or the O2 aoy.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:48 PM
umrpunter
Intermediate

I don't mind reading detailed technical info, and I have been reading my FSMs. I am just pinging here to get info from the LT1 pro's here as where to find the info. I'd like to get a detailed understanding of the systems before I go in head first. I have a long term (3yr) plan for this car rebuild and this will really help me out. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by umrpunter; 06-04-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:56 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by umrpunter
Thanks! Well what I am really doing is trying to get a view of how all the systems work together and what feeds what In closed and open loop so I I can correctly understand and tune down the road. Right now I do have a very rich right side which shows up on the fuel correction log and I can see the O2 is basically dead. Don't know if it is a leaky injector or the O2 aoy.
So you are thinking the O2 is dead.. to verify this I would swap Right to left and Left to right

if the problem follows the O2, replace it. If it does not then I would start looking at injectors. Another way would be unbolt the fuel rails from the manifold, pull them off the manifold, leaving the injectors in the rails. Assuming the clips are still on the injectors in the rails, turn the key on and look for any leaks

Get notified of new replies

To Help understanding datalog

Quick Reply: Help understanding datalog