C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

92 No Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 04:46 PM
stachow26
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 No Start

Hey, my 92 (6 speed) has decided not to start any more. Over the course of 2 days cranking times got progressively longer, culminating in the current no start condition. Occasionally while cranking the engine will feel like it's about to catch but never does. After extended cranking sometimes the engine will sort of diesel in reverse (puffs of exhaust through the throttle body), only firing off 2 or 3 cylinders before dying completely.

Fuel pressure is fine, pulled a few plugs and all had good spark and didn't appear to be fouled, noid light in the injector connectors blinked, no obstructions in the intake. All the ingredients for a working engine are there So I guess it's a timing issue.

Before I start throwing parts at it I was hoping someone could look over the log I recorded while cranking to see if anything obvious jumps out. I just got datamaster and I don't know what's normal for the car yet. Car is stock with about 5000 miles on the current MSD opti and coil.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...jBOcDVqZTcwVG8

Also, where can I find what the normal values for the sensors should be?

Quick Reply: 92 No Start