C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1994 Corvette C4 "Tuner Pragrammer"????

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Doug Crow
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Corvette C4 "Tuner Pragrammer"????

Hello,

I have a 1994 Corvette with OBDI computer but has a OBDII plug in. I am wanting to have it tuned and was wanting to know what tuner scanner to buy that will be compatible.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-15-2015, 09:52 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

First as you know you need a gender changer to connect the OBDII port to a OBDI scanner. Cheap on Ebay. I use Datamaster for logging and TunerCat for tuning. Relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I have also used LT1Edit and it is fine also, but for whatever reason my go to has been TunerCat. It is the EE def file for the 94.
Old 12-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Doug Crow
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by pkincy
First as you know you need a gender changer to connect the OBDII port to a OBDI scanner. Cheap on Ebay. I use Datamaster for logging and TunerCat for tuning. Relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I have also used LT1Edit and it is fine also, but for whatever reason my go to has been TunerCat. It is the EE def file for the 94.

How much Horsepower difference did it make by tuning it?
Old 12-15-2015, 11:56 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

essentially none if the engine is stock. Certainly no increase you can feel although a few rwhp you can measure. Best bet on any older car is simply to do a traditional tune up. That is where the logger can help. It can point you to sensors that are not in the middle of their expected range. But a new computer tune is worthless unless you actually change something mechanical or electrical that needs different parameters from the pcm.

Very early on in the 90's I bought a Hypertech chip and put the program from it in a binary comparator with the stock OBD1 program. Their were 8 bits that were different in a 256k bit chip. Just slight changes in fan temps on and off and a couple of other relatively meaningless parameters.

Last edited by pkincy; 12-15-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 03:31 PM
Doug Crow
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by pkincy
essentially none if the engine is stock. Certainly no increase you can feel although a few rwhp you can measure. Best bet on any older car is simply to do a traditional tune up. That is where the logger can help. It can point you to sensors that are not in the middle of their expected range. But a new computer tune is worthless unless you actually change something mechanical or electrical that needs different parameters from the pcm.

Very early on in the 90's I bought a Hypertech chip and put the program from it in a binary comparator with the stock OBD1 program. Their were 8 bits that were different in a 256k bit chip. Just slight changes in fan temps on and off and a couple of other relatively meaningless parameters.

i AM NEW TO THIS AND ASSUME MY 94 IS STOCK. WHAT SIMPLE CHANGES WOULD YOU MAKE TO GET THE MOST GAIN? i AM WANTING IT TO BE MORE QUICKER THAN THE TOP END SPEED.

Get notified of new replies

To 1994 Corvette C4 "Tuner Pragrammer"????

Quick Reply: 1994 Corvette C4 "Tuner Pragrammer"????