C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

New to ALDL scaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 PM
kenpeindl
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts
Default New to ALDL scaning

Hi

I recently purchase the Red Devil River ALDL and the ALDLDroid software. Being new to the world of scaning my question for now is what should I be looking for when reading the various parameters? I'd like to get an idea as to what the engine is doing or should I say not be doing. Just keeping it basic at this time

As always thanks in advance.

Ken
Old 02-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

One thing I think can be helpful is to paste the log into an Excel spreadsheet. Then you can graph the parameters and see trends.

For example, I started my fairly warm car and let it idle for a while and then drove to the nearby post office. This is a graph of the IAC counts while this was going on:

At the beginning you can see the IAC decaying the idle speed as the engine warms up. When I started driving you can see the IAC in throttle follower mode as I drove and stopped at traffic lights. My ECM code limits the IAC count to 145, so that's the maximum that you see.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:50 PM
ryank9398
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Ken wondering how you are coming with your data. Have you created a BLM histogram yet? Are you logging data with the intent to modify the bin, or optimizing your driving habits?
Old 07-10-2017, 04:56 AM
Cliff Harris
Race Director

Received 341 Likes on 312 Posts

I highly recommend creating a BLM/BLM cell number chart, as I did in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...with-blms.html

Get notified of new replies

To New to ALDL scaning

Quick Reply: New to ALDL scaning