C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

EPROM causing trans problems

Old 03-16-2016, 01:17 PM
RobsGold87
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default EPROM causing trans problems

A few years back after a significant engine upgrade/rebuild I sent my PROM to a guy on here named Ski downit (SP) to rewrite the program on my chip. He notified me that he had a problem downloading the program and I was going to need an "adapter" so that my chip could be read so I said ok. Ever since I had that chip back in the car it hasn't shifted correctly. Basically it kicks into and out of O/D constantly. At first I thought it was a transmisiion problem, but I recently read some articles of others complaining of the same problem and their situation was that they had been sold a PROM for an Auto trans, mine is a 4+3. I am now wondering if the PROM and adapter Ski down it sold me was the wrong PROM ( if I remember correctly, he sent me back a chip he had extra, attached to the "adapter") I am now wondering if he screwed me all these years ago and sent me something that was useless to me.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by RobsGold87; 03-16-2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:05 AM
RobsGold87
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

hmmmm nothing?
Old 03-18-2016, 07:49 AM
bjankuski
Safety Car

Received 463 Likes on 367 Posts

Maybe he made a mistake (I am not sure what would happen with a auto chip in a manual). Do you have your original chip? I could look at it and your modified chip and see if a mistake was made. E-mail me if you are interested bjankuski@excel.net

Get notified of new replies

To EPROM causing trans problems

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EPROM causing trans problems