C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

weird service lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2016, 01:15 AM
PsarosJake
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird service lights?

So sometimes when i get in my car and drive about half way to where ever im going a red BRAKE light comes on in the dash. Then two warning lights service ASR AND service ABS comes on, and the car still runs great. Next time i get in the car the lights will be gone? Any thoughts.

I have a 94' lt1 c4
Old 04-26-2016, 12:23 AM
PsarosJake
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know anything about this?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:23 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,258 Likes on 2,021 Posts

I don't often get to this section of the C4 Forum as it generally is referencing "performance tuning" etc. Seldom are component functions discussed here. There would be more "traffic" in PERFORMANCE or GENERAL sections.

BUT .......................

Have you checked the brake fluid?

With a '94 this could be a "good read" and a procedure to consider. Read it, read it again and make sure you understand the years and steps required.

I'm guessing you don't have a FSM -Do you? Might be a good buy, particularly if you've issues. You posted I think driveability issues not long ago.

http://tech.corvettecentral.com/2011...trouble-codes/
The following users liked this post:
MrWillys (04-26-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 04:48 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Jakepssaros
So sometimes when i get in my car and drive about half way to where ever im going a red BRAKE light comes on in the dash. Then two warning lights service ASR AND service ABS comes on, and the car still runs great. Next time i get in the car the lights will be gone? Any thoughts.

I have a 94' lt1 c4
You have some potentially serious problems with your car's brakes and with your car's ABS and traction control systems.

If you are a DIY, for the Service ABS and ASR lights, you need to get the fault codes out of the EBTCM and post them. For the red brake light you need to get the Factory Service manual and trouble shoot the base brake system.

If you are not a DIY, I suggest you take the car to s service facility familiar with the C4s ABS system.

Get notified of new replies

To weird service lights?

Quick Reply: weird service lights?