C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Intronics Romulator

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Corvette86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Intronics Romulator

Received my new pocket romulator today. I've heard nothing but good thinks about it. Any sucess stories out there with this unit?

Frank :flag
Old 01-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Intronics Romulator (Corvette86)

Well...this unit is AWESOME...when its working:( I got several good cals out of it and when I fired it up the 2nd go around it wouldn't link to the computer again. It smells like a chip died inside it. This is the 2nd model version of romulator and its AWESOME. Okay, there are a few setbacks, but we'll get it right. Just think of the endless possibilities this unit has:) It has a battery save mode to retain your binary file until such time that you want to reflash it. Are you tracking? Gone are the days of burning chips! I plan to build one of these units into my vette with the db9 connector hiding in a corner of the car. The only obstacle to overcome is using a different battery backup source for the unit instead of its little 3v. No big deal.

All I have to say is buy it and try for yourself! Heck they come with a 2 year warranty to boot!

Frank

Old 01-06-2003, 12:50 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

I've been looking at these little guys and thinking of trying one. I would think that once I got the tune where I pretty much wantec it to be I would still burn a hard copy and instal it into the car. It would suck if your battery died and you lost your car's program when you jumped in to go one morning :)
Old 01-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Corvette86
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: (scorp508)

Agree regarding the battery. I will install a rechargable battery pack in the unit with a recharger to keep the battery up. Also, I'll put a LED in the charging circuit with an amp circuit to tell me when the batteries are going bad or I can just replace the batteries every couple of years!

Cheers,
Frank

Get notified of new replies

To Intronics Romulator

Quick Reply: Intronics Romulator