C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI??

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Luke S
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI??

I sent an email to the guys at http://www.delteq.com to see if they would be interested in making a kit to convert the HEI distributor to Cadillac Northstar coils. They make a kit that converts the opti-spark distributor to Northstar coils. If they keep the HEI kit in the same price range as the optispark kit I figure it would sell great. They sent me a reply to my email saying that they have been thinking about doing a kit for HEI and to check their website in a few mouths for possible updates. I figure if more people expressed their interest in a kit they will have more incentive to do it. So if you want to put some coils in place of the dissy please send a email to jch@delteq.com expressing your interest in this.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:06 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Re: Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI?? (89 Iroc Z)

I might be if the price is right.
Old 05-13-2004, 03:50 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI?? (-=Jeff=-)

If they used the kind of coilpacks my GTP uses you could even upgrade those to MSD versions.

Looks like I spoke too soon, they have this too.

[Modified by scorp508, 3:54 PM 5/13/2004]
Old 05-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Fozzy_Bear
Waka, Waka, Waka!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-6-8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

I just read their site. They did a great job of convincing me that if I had a 92-94 LT1 that this mod is a no-brainer. Heck any LT1 should probably consider it.

That said..... What would be the big advantage for a L98. I got the hypertech HV HEI for $80.00. I could have go the high dwell module and the MSD if I wanted, but I don't need that much on my particular car. I mean, I don't want to ne a nay-sayer, I am just curious what problem you are trying to fix with a $700.00 solution that you can't alread fix for much less?

Seriously, I'm not being antagonistic. I am genuinely curious.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:34 AM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something like this system is already available now. The FAST eDist will convert the HEI setup to individual coils. This also doesn't require you to run the FAST engine management system to use eDist.

More alternatives are good in terms of driving down prices, but if you want this technology today, you can get this system, or convert to the Electomotive TEC-3 ECU which will also get you converted to indivdual coils. (of course at a much higher price).
http://www.fuelairspark.com/

Ron
Old 05-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Black87c4
Pro

Default Re: Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI?? (RonRed89)

From searching the eDist is not a one step replacement for a Dizzy, you need to feed the eDist a cam & crank ref signal. If your having to come up with both those signals just go with a LS1 PCM which already uses coil packs.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:00 PM
RonRed89
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI?? (Black87c4)

From searching the eDist is not a one step replacement for a Dizzy, you need to feed the eDist a cam & crank ref signal. If your having to come up with both those signals just go with a LS1 PCM which already uses coil packs.
What is the Delteq option going to run on if it's not cam and crank signals? It's got to get its input from something.

As for swapping in an LS1 ECU into an older C4, I would venture to say that it would be easier to go to an aftermarket ECU like a FAST or Electromotive and use your coil packs systems found n these aftermarket offerings.

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI??

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in DIS for a HEI??