C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Brake bias spring on 85 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:37 PM
trupp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake bias spring on 85 Coupe?

Has anybody changed out the brake bias spring on an 85 master cylinder? If so, what's involved?
Old 02-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by trupp
Has anybody changed out the brake bias spring on an 85 master cylinder? If so, what's involved?
Assuming it is simular to a 96 there isn't all that much too it.

See "My Corvette Pictures" I uploaded a scaned copy of the DRM (http://www.dougrippie.com/) install directions and pictures.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:23 AM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

I thought 94,or 95-96 Vettes had the bias spring already installed from the factory,and that its a spring that the tuners found to fit into older C4's that helped in braking balance.Anyone know if there is any truth to this.This is what I read a while back.Sorry to change the subject but it caught attention.Would sux to see later model C4's change out the spring they already have.If im wrong,just let me know the details.Love to know for sure about this stuff.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by Bill's86Coupe
I thought 94,or 95-96 Vettes had the bias spring already installed from the factory,and that its a spring that the tuners found to fit into older C4's that helped in braking balance.Anyone know if there is any truth to this.This is what I read a while back.Sorry to change the subject but it caught attention.Would sux to see later model C4's change out the spring they already have.If im wrong,just let me know the details.Love to know for sure about this stuff.
Yes there is a spring already, but DRM and Mid America sell a spring that adjust more bias to the rear by 7% - 10%. How this spring or any spring affects bias I don't know, but it does.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Aggravated4life
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Strange,I thought the Bias spring they sold was a GM part and came in later model Vettes,wasnt a spring they manufactured on their own.Oh well,either way,sounds like a good mod for the cars.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:55 PM
mikenfl
Racer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that spring for '86 and up? '85s don't have ABS, so the master cylinder's different.

Get notified of new replies

To Brake bias spring on 85 Coupe?

Quick Reply: Brake bias spring on 85 Coupe?